Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am going to combine my older thread presented below with some more info I wanted to share. Be sure to read all the way through, because I added stuff! If it is at all possible, try to check out Mike's recording of Reflective Words. (Healthy Audio site.)In it, he addresses many of life's issues, questions, and observations he has made in his sessions while helping others. It is not only insightful, and beautifully worded, but it speaks to many other areas that are part of our lives. I highly recommend it!!!Here is the other thread:After dealing for years in trying to explain to those in my life what it is we IBSers go thru, I felt that others would want to be aware of this. It is truly wonderful!I have listened to Mike's "IBS Companion" recording,from the www.ibsaudioprogram.com site, which helps explain to the non-IBS sufferer (family and friends,etc. who do NOT have IBS, but are in the IBS sufferer's life) what it is to have IBS. I listened to it several times in a row, and cried my eyes out each time. It explains all the pain and embarassment we deal with, the awful embarrassing tests, the need for compassion and understanding...well it's all there. Even though this is not a therapeutic recording, it was for me to listen to it, because it validated what I have gone thru as being real, and worthy of being addressed. I believe so many of us have guilt feelings because we know of those with life threatening conditions, and IBS is put off as you "can live with it." But what a life!!! So for me, this was extremely therapeutic, and my son commented after he listened to it, that he wished others in my life could have listened to it, things might have been different in the way I was treated. (Not believed, feeling sorry for myself, etc.) We all know these things.So now, I am here to care and support others, and to receive support as well. We are all here for each other, as we always say, but we do mean it! I hope that maybe by sharing this, it may help someone else who is tired of trying to explain and excuse themselves all the time for this sorry condition!!! And thanks, Mike, for having the insight to make this recording. It is like you got into our brain!!And so...........Mike has asked me to help him out with program awareness, and other little things to help him here and there where I can.(Most probably because I pester him so much he wanted me to put it to good use!! LOL)
But I wouldn't be helping Mike, if I didn't believe in what he is doing to help us. I hope to continue to support and BE SUPPORTED by the friends I have made here on the BB, and new friends to be! We are all family...and so to keep everything "kosher" as my dad would say, I will make a new signature, so everything is proper. I hope you all accept this, as you have with Eric, because I am pretty fragile right now after a year of 3 surgeries!!! LOLBut it is important to get this information out to those who are suffering, and that is what I am doing!!!
Take care everyone and be well!!!~ MarilynHelping Mike to help others. www.ibsaudioprogram.com www.healthyaudio.com

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
I have to say I am really disappointed not one person posted to this thread. Marilyn is doing this to give back the help she recieved here. TO HELP PEOPLE WITH IBS!Marilyn, I know what your doing and I support you one hundred and more percent.
Mike has helped thousands of IBSers feel better and get their quality of life back, which is why I work with him. He has something very special for IBS that works.I am just dismayed sometimes.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
I have to say I am really disappointed not one person posted to this thread. Marilyn is doing this to give back the help she recieved here. TO HELP PEOPLE WITH IBS!Marilyn, I know what your doing and I support you one hundred and more percent.
Mike has helped thousands of IBSers feel better and get their quality of life back, which is why I work with him. He has something very special for IBS that works.I am just dismayed sometimes.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

G

·
Today I received the other title's of Mike's which I recently ordered. I got the ones for anxiety and insomnia, along with the one of Andy's music. Is it ok to listen to either of the anxiety or insomnia tapes while doing the IBS program? Or should I wait until I complete the IBS tapes? The IBS tapes have helped with anxiety/insomnia, but I thought if the others can give me additional relief, then that would be even better. If I shouldn't use them together, I'll just wait until an appropriate time.Thanks for your help.Karen

G

·
Today I received the other title's of Mike's which I recently ordered. I got the ones for anxiety and insomnia, along with the one of Andy's music. Is it ok to listen to either of the anxiety or insomnia tapes while doing the IBS program? Or should I wait until I complete the IBS tapes? The IBS tapes have helped with anxiety/insomnia, but I thought if the others can give me additional relief, then that would be even better. If I shouldn't use them together, I'll just wait until an appropriate time.Thanks for your help.Karen

G

·
I forgot to mention, I'll probably go back and order Reflective Words after your review, Marilyn. Thanks for posting that info.Karen

G

·
I forgot to mention, I'll probably go back and order Reflective Words after your review, Marilyn. Thanks for posting that info.Karen

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Karen, just do the IBS program first, then wait a bit an do the others. Of course Andy's music is fine. I really liked it myself.His wife sounds like Enya if you have ever heard of her.Andy and his wife are both very spiritual people.
Enjoy them, but stick to the IBS first that's important.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Karen, just do the IBS program first, then wait a bit an do the others. Of course Andy's music is fine. I really liked it myself.His wife sounds like Enya if you have ever heard of her.Andy and his wife are both very spiritual people.
Enjoy them, but stick to the IBS first that's important.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
"Hey as soon as I figure out the first one, I'll be looking into other resources there." she mumbled sheepishly. BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
"Hey as soon as I figure out the first one, I'll be looking into other resources there." she mumbled sheepishly. BQ

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Karen...Thanks for your reply. You have a very good question there, regarding listening to the anxiety and/or insomnia at the same time as the IBS prog. Just off the top of my head, I would say just complete the full listening schedule for the IBS audio program for now. I don't think it would hurt to do another program simultaneously, though, but if you do, Mike says to keep listening sessions at least 6 hours apart. However, you may find that some of the anxiety and insomnia will also be addressed through the IBS program. (Though it does NOT work the other way around....the anxiety, stress, etc. sessions do NOT specifically address IBS.)Usually you can't do anything really wrong. But you want to remember that the IBS program is built on specific processes that utilize the mind's ability to latch onto the sessions, so that is why there are 5 sessions, as each one builds and improves upon the other. Hopefully, Mike will pop in here with a more educated answer than I can give you; but for the time being hold off and see what he says!!!! You won't be disappointed re the Reflective Words!!!! My friend (college roomie from years ago) and I listened to it while driving for a "back to nature weekend"...she fell asleep at the end of it!!! Good thing I was driving! Since it is not a hypnotherapeutic recording, I was fine! But during the listening of it, we were rewinding...shouting, yep, that's true...oh, yeah, that's just what we think, or that's a good idea!! Thru the whole thing. We started our weekend psyched; watched a sunset as taps was played, and watched meteors fly over the Lake.... Hope this helped a bit, Karen, and again thanks for your kind words!
Eric...thank you for your support, my friend. Yes, I still have my days of woe, and I know what it is to be curled up in agony, not be able to go places and do things...and for the first time in a long time, I am able to get about; my weekend mentioned above was a major breakthrough. And after years of Mike helping us here at the BB, well, how many docs do that? And you, Eric...you are the IBS King of Champions! Pretty soon we will call you the Doc of IBS!!! Your constant support and visibility on this BB has made it what it is. Thanks to you, too, for all the work you have done getting the latest in treatment and research information to us, and for your work in setting up clinical trials, etc...so much that it is too numerous to mention!!! So kudos to you!!! On behalf of all of us on the BB....thanks, Eric!
(I had "kidos" instead of kudos.....that was too funny!
)------------------~MarilynHelping Mike to help others.
www.healthyaudio.com TARGET=_blank>www.ibsaudioprogram.com www.healthyaudio.com</A> [This message has been edited by cookies4marilyn (edited 08-29-2001).]

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Karen...Thanks for your reply. You have a very good question there, regarding listening to the anxiety and/or insomnia at the same time as the IBS prog. Just off the top of my head, I would say just complete the full listening schedule for the IBS audio program for now. I don't think it would hurt to do another program simultaneously, though, but if you do, Mike says to keep listening sessions at least 6 hours apart. However, you may find that some of the anxiety and insomnia will also be addressed through the IBS program. (Though it does NOT work the other way around....the anxiety, stress, etc. sessions do NOT specifically address IBS.)Usually you can't do anything really wrong. But you want to remember that the IBS program is built on specific processes that utilize the mind's ability to latch onto the sessions, so that is why there are 5 sessions, as each one builds and improves upon the other. Hopefully, Mike will pop in here with a more educated answer than I can give you; but for the time being hold off and see what he says!!!! You won't be disappointed re the Reflective Words!!!! My friend (college roomie from years ago) and I listened to it while driving for a "back to nature weekend"...she fell asleep at the end of it!!! Good thing I was driving! Since it is not a hypnotherapeutic recording, I was fine! But during the listening of it, we were rewinding...shouting, yep, that's true...oh, yeah, that's just what we think, or that's a good idea!! Thru the whole thing. We started our weekend psyched; watched a sunset as taps was played, and watched meteors fly over the Lake.... Hope this helped a bit, Karen, and again thanks for your kind words!
Eric...thank you for your support, my friend. Yes, I still have my days of woe, and I know what it is to be curled up in agony, not be able to go places and do things...and for the first time in a long time, I am able to get about; my weekend mentioned above was a major breakthrough. And after years of Mike helping us here at the BB, well, how many docs do that? And you, Eric...you are the IBS King of Champions! Pretty soon we will call you the Doc of IBS!!! Your constant support and visibility on this BB has made it what it is. Thanks to you, too, for all the work you have done getting the latest in treatment and research information to us, and for your work in setting up clinical trials, etc...so much that it is too numerous to mention!!! So kudos to you!!! On behalf of all of us on the BB....thanks, Eric!
(I had "kidos" instead of kudos.....that was too funny!
)------------------~MarilynHelping Mike to help others.
www.healthyaudio.com TARGET=_blank>www.ibsaudioprogram.com www.healthyaudio.com</A> [This message has been edited by cookies4marilyn (edited 08-29-2001).]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.