Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have some questions for all you bloated people. Perhaps It could help us to understand these IBS/bloating issues better.1. Do you think you have IBS? 2. What are your BM habits? 3. Do you now pass more gas like before you had IBS? 4. Do you have the feeling of a bloated tummy?5. Does this bloated feeling get better after BM?6. Do you think you have normal amount of gas, like a healty person has? 7. Do you think the bloated feeling is due wrong perception in the colon that is common in IBS?8. Do you have pain? Does it depend on anything?9. Do you have some isolation issues due bloatings? 10.Do you have a job? 11. Do you have a boyfriend,girlfriend, husband etc? 12.Did found something the help you to cope with IBS? (meds, sports, exercises etc.)13. Did you make some diet changes? Did it help you? 14. Did you already had some psycho-therapy sessions? Did it help you?I`m looking forward to these short answers, really. Sorry for my poor english. Greetings Sarmiento

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
o.k here are my answers. 1. Yes2. mild C, but have to go twice daily3. Yes, I never passed gas when I was healty4. Yes5. Yes6. a bit more perhaps7. YES!! FOR SURE8. Yes, a tender colon which is very painful9. Yes10 Not anymore 11 Yes12 swimming, fennel tea, walking with the dog.(but had never big success with any meds. Zelnorm, antispasmodics, Antidepressors etc, did not really help me much). Perhaps opiode was the best.13. Yes but I not made it serious enough. A bit.14. Yes, but that didn`t help me at all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Sarmiento,In answer to your ?s:1. Do you think you have IBS? Yes2. What are your BM habits? Chronic C3. Do you now pass more gas like before you had IBS? No, I have never passed much gas, it gets trapped inside my colon and won't come out, ugh.4. Do you have the feeling of a bloated tummy? Daily d/t gas and C5. Does this bloated feeling get better after BM? Yes6. Do you think you have normal amount of gas, like a healty person has? I think so, but as it doesn't expel properly (like it would for a normal person), it causes bloating and discomfort.7. Do you think the bloated feeling is due wrong perception in the colon that is common in IBS? I don't know.8. Do you have pain? Does it depend on anything? Discomfort from distention, occasional abdominal cramping from C.9. Do you have some isolation issues due bloatings? Absolutely. 10.Do you have a job? Yes.11. Do you have a boyfriend,girlfriend, husband etc? No, thank goodness, I wouldn't want to put anyone else through this.12.Did found something the help you to cope with IBS? (meds, sports, exercises etc.) Daily MOM and Miralax.13. Did you make some diet changes? Did it help you? Tried every diet under the sun, not much help, avoiding high fiber foods helps a little.14. Did you already had some psycho-therapy sessions? Did it help you? Never had psychotherapy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.