Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since I was a kid I had IBS. I did not know it was IBS until I was older (around 19) I am now 23. (I am a male by the way)I find that breakfast can set my IBS off like there is no tomorrow. If I eat breakfast I now avoid orange juice completely (drank a small amount today and am not feeling too great as I am writing this).I drink mostly water now, I avoid acidic beverages. They aren't good for you anyways..I also noticed that consuming yogurt seems to help as it contains probiotic cultures. I've had a lot of luck with Activia (consuming it twice a day) I found. But yeah eating in the morning definitely sets my IBS off quite easily. I get very painful abdominal cramps and then accompanied by a bout of diarrhea. If I eat cream cheese in the morning, oh boy... That's a 80% chance right there that I am going to get it bad.My IBS was cured (at least I thought it was) for a good few years. It would be rare for it to flare up. I was drinking plenty of water and eating a lot of yogurt, so I figured I found something that worked for me. Then during those few years I had a girlfriend which whom I was deeply in love with. Long story short, the relationship ended, and she started seeing someone else and this caused me massive amounts of stress. I entered a depressive episode for a brief amount of time (2-3 weeks) and during this time my IBS really came back with a vengeance!I started waking up from my stomach hurting, it would happen every day for two weeks (it's not so bad now but it's not perfect either). Then I would run to the bathroom to relieve myself and of course multiple times throughout the day. My IBS has returned and I hope to God it's not permanent. Waking up from IBS is not fun, it's usually not like that for me, it hasn't been too bad lately, but then again I have been unable to sleep properly these last 2 weeks.Has anyone else had much luck with drinking only water and consuming yogurt on a daily basis?But yeah, I know for sure intense anxiety/stress is what caused mine to come back because before that I was completely fine. I never suffered such anxiety in such a long time! I am trying to keep relaxed and calm and move on with my life. Hopefully things improve and the IBS goes away again.Oh and one more thing, ive noticed that on "bad" IBS days, I can also get a pretty bad headache as well.Update: it's been an hour and a half since the IBS started up, had some activia about 15 minutes ago, dont know if its a coincedince but the pain seems to be passing (Thank God!). I've been drinking water steadily since my stomach became upset. Ugh why is life such a pain in the ass sometimes?Update again: I hate this damn disease. I don't even really care that I need to use the washroom more often and whatnot, it's when the cramps linger because they hurt quite a bit! Noise seems to irritate me quite a bit when I am in the cramping stage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Blueguy23, Just a suggestion. You sound like you are doing a great job treating your bowel, but you might want to consider treating the mind also if you have not already. This is a mind body disease. This means that both your mind and body are creating the problems. It is not all in your bowel and not all in your mind. It takes them both. Look you even mention that your emotional state. There are a number of ways to treat that, CBT, Hypnosis and anti depressants. If these states of mind can make the IBS worse, cannot another state of mind make it better? Try these simple rules0- Want to Cure the IBS and Believe that you can1- Ignore everything about your bowel any pain or anything2- Treat both the mind and the body3- create positive thoughts and visualize confident thoughts. Your thoughts are drugs, and by visualizing confident thoughts will really help.check out www.healingbeyondimagination.comLive well!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.