Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME MAKE SENSE OF WHAT I AM EXPERIENCING. I AM SCARED TO DEATH,

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  rhondaj 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I am panicking really bad and I hope someone could help me feel better or ease my mind. I am 32 years old. I normally have 1 bowel movement in the morning, but the last few Mondays, I have had an extra one at 11am or so. The one in the morning sometimes has some white mucus on it which is scaring the hell out of me. When I do have that second one, it's usually after I manually apply preparation h inside of me for a hemorrhoid. I am so nervous. Last year I had my blood done 3 times, a CT, MRI, and rectal exam. This year, I have been to my doctor literally over 20 times. He always is so gracious and examines me. He feels and listens to my belly and says there is nothing wrong. I have a 1 year old baby girl I am so scared won't see grow up :(

#2 ·
You'll be fine.

Mucus in stool isn't usually a cause for alarm unless it is a large amount or is bloody. If so, that is an intestinal infection, but, as you said, your doctor has examined you and couldn't find anything. Otherwise, it's perfectly normal to see some from time to time, especially if you might be straining a bit when evacuating.

Extra trips to the bathroom can be almost anything: from the cream you applied irritating your rectum to eating more food than usual to stress...you get the idea.

#6 ·
Yes. I am going to start keeping a journal of what I eat. What is scaring me is that I will go at my usual time in the morning when I wake up, but then on random days I will go a second time and that is scaring me. I keep trying to tell myself, that the three bloodworks, CT, MRI, digital rectal exam, 5 rmergency room visits, would have seen something but its hard. I am always scared. My doctor says its wrong to do a test on someone just to make them feel better, there should always be a reason for doing it or its not productive, but I keep thinking of my 1 year old baby girl whom I love so much. Its very hard on me.

#7 ·
I'm not a doctor, but I don't think it is terribly abnormal to go a second time. But I guess I am pretty used to dealing with all kinds of different things, and many on here as well. Colon cancer is pretty rare, but you were right to test for it if you are concerned. If your doctor thinks you need more tests, then do what they think. Your symptoms do not see to point to that at all in my opinion.

#10 ·
Oh no offense taken. I am just afraid that what I am experiencing is a sign of something bad. Literally since this fear started last year when I was diagnosed with a fatty liver and changed my diet, I haven't even had so much as a cold or anything. I keep trying to tell myself that if I had cancer, I would almost certainly feel some sign of it a year later.

#11 ·
Try to
Do some deep breathing or try the hynosis ibs tapes on you tube
I get your anxiety totally being the same sort of person with ongoing bowel issues for 6 months since a bout of semonella
Your doctor has a duty of care if he thought something was wrong he wouldn't let you walk out without checking
You've had a load of tests all negative
Your second movement is not really a big deal - maybe it's nerves. And now your geared into worrying it will happen more
Take care and be positive in the results you've had
Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.