Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Two things brought this discovery about:1) Since having my first signs of IBS, I can't wear a belt while sitting down without discomfort.2) Sometimes my wife massaged my abdomen which helps relieve symptoms.Normally, no part of my abdomen is sensitive.When I'm having symptoms I've found that the spot about 3" below my belly button (or where the abdominal muscles end) is tender, sort of the same feeling if you poke a bruise.Recently, I've also discovered if I put deep alternating pressure in that spot (which is a bit painful) about 30 seconds later I'll have extremely urgent D. But afterward, I'll feel great.fwiw, I had a sigmoidoscopy done which came up clean.Is this medically relevant?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Nothing about your observations seems to indicate anything other than IBS.Lots of IBSers have tenderness to the abdomen/colon that makes anything just a bit tight, like a belt that doesn't really have any give uncomfortable.Abdominal massage seems to help, and it can move stuff so you'd have a BM.Medically relevant things to look for.Bloody stools, especially when mixed into the stool and the blood has lost it bright red, just bled color.Weight loss that is completely out of line with what you eat (so you eat more than you should and lose weight. Not you avoid eating to avoid symptoms and don't get enough calories).If you get a lot of watery diarrhea, and especially if that happens at night.

·
Registered
473 Posts
IBS is a broad term, and thankfully, you seem to be on the very low end of the IBS scale.Something is causing you to bloat. Not badly, but enough that it should be a priority for you to investigate whether a pariticular food or food group is bothering you.Start keeping a diary and work it out. Intolerances can arise from LACTOSE (milk), GLUTEN (wheat products), FRUCTOSE (fruits and some vegies), to name some.The sooner you do, the sooner you can regain control.Jackmat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.