Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,Since I've been diagnosed with IBS about eight months ago, I've had terrible problems with constipation (something which also wakes me up at night feeling sick). However, this week my doctor recommended a very simple solution--a smoothie for breakfast everyday. The recipe is:Breakfast smoothie:-Rice milk-1 tbsp lactose free yoghurt-2 tsp psyllium huskFor extra flavour i've also added things (not all at the same time) like strawberries, rice malt syrup, and gluten free corn flakes.I noticed that I felt a little gassy when I first started drinking these smoothies but it is now starting to settle down. However, the best thing is that I now have a comfortable BM every day and I'm not afraid of sleeping anymore.Just an idea.Gwendy

·
Registered
4 Posts
A yummy gluten free/fructose friendly snack idea:Ingredients:-3 short cut rashers of GF bacon-1 cup baby spinach, steamed-2 slices of GF bread, toasted and spread with Nuttalex or another dairy free spread-salt and pepperThis is really yummy--even when your not feeling the best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts