Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am usually the IBS D type, but over the last couple of weeks I seem to be experiencing a lot of C. As a result I have a lot of bloating and a lot of gas. I even have back pain, and pains in my sides, that seems to move, as I move. The thing is, I feel as though there is something stuck high up in my intestines, and that it is not emptying out. Has anyone ever had this ?I have been drinking tons of water, I even have been eating foods that trigger D for me, but they don't seem to be working for some reason. Ironically, now that I need a good cleansing, my body doesn't seem to want to cooperate. I'd like to hear from anyone who has experienced this.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Jeanne, Lots of us are D/C types and it can go on in ever repetitve cycles with no seeming rhyme or reason... Ok now that I've cheered you up..
Don't lose hope. Ya can get the upper hand here with some time & patience and some changes maybe. Tons of water is good, treating it by eating former D triggers doesn't always work in my experience. (Yep I tried it too
)What did work was an increase in fiber & exercise. Check this site out. Click on Diseases and then on IBS. You will see a link for "High Fiber diets" there and click on that too. It has a great explanation of the different types of fiber and a comprehensive listing of various foods and their fiber content. http://www.gicare.com I gradually increased my fiber. It took my body several weeks to adjust to this increase. Yes, there was some bloating and some increased gas initially. That is normal and goes away within a short time. Hang in there with it. It eventually worked for me and slowed down that cycle of D to C. I later went on to do a hypnotherapy program as well and I am feeling quite well since.Hope this helps and you feel better soon.BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Jeanne, Lots of us are D/C types and it can go on in ever repetitve cycles with no seeming rhyme or reason... Ok now that I've cheered you up..
Don't lose hope. Ya can get the upper hand here with some time & patience and some changes maybe. Tons of water is good, treating it by eating former D triggers doesn't always work in my experience. (Yep I tried it too
)What did work was an increase in fiber & exercise. Check this site out. Click on Diseases and then on IBS. You will see a link for "High Fiber diets" there and click on that too. It has a great explanation of the different types of fiber and a comprehensive listing of various foods and their fiber content. http://www.gicare.com I gradually increased my fiber. It took my body several weeks to adjust to this increase. Yes, there was some bloating and some increased gas initially. That is normal and goes away within a short time. Hang in there with it. It eventually worked for me and slowed down that cycle of D to C. I later went on to do a hypnotherapy program as well and I am feeling quite well since.Hope this helps and you feel better soon.BQ

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot BQ.. I will certainly check into it. You know how it goes, we are willing to try anything as long as it offers some help, and gives us some sort of normalcy.Thanks again..Jeanne

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot BQ.. I will certainly check into it. You know how it goes, we are willing to try anything as long as it offers some help, and gives us some sort of normalcy.Thanks again..Jeanne

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Jeanne, It sounds like a type change from D to D/C but if it is severe or you have any other unfamiliar symptoms, call your Doc & run this by him/her. I should have said that first. If you have any doubts when new symptoms appear, always call the Doc.Hope you feel better.BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Jeanne, It sounds like a type change from D to D/C but if it is severe or you have any other unfamiliar symptoms, call your Doc & run this by him/her. I should have said that first. If you have any doubts when new symptoms appear, always call the Doc.Hope you feel better.BQ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts