Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been living with IBS-D for three years or so...I can't really rememebr when it started it has always just kind of been there. But I do know it is egtting worse.I am a teacher and have been off work for 6 weeks, have also just got married...so life has been mildly stressful.I love my husband very much - he understands and will do all sorts for me when he knwos i am uncorfortable. The worse thing though is he keeps asking me if I am ok. I know this is nice but if i am ok i don't want to think about not being ok as this makes me feel ill.I never thought about it before but is it fair to make him go through IBS with me. He would like to do exciting things or go hiking etc but the thought of being more than a few mins away from a toilet scares me. I have had a few close calls and have even messed myself once when I couldn't get to a loo in time.Please..I have read so many messages here today and have been and bought some Caltrate but has anyone but if anyone can send me some words of encouragement it could help.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Don't give up yet...I had have had IBS for 11 years now...I know at times it seems like life isn't even worth living, but you just have to keep looking for the little things that make you happy.Whether it is your husbands smile or a walk outside (doesn't have to be far away), or even a certain drink/food you like (and can tolerate).Stick with this board, there are a lot of caring people here going through the same thing.Remember no matter how bad you think you have it, there are plenty of people much worse off. ;]As far your husband asking if you are OK...My girfrlriend does the same thing.."are you ok? you dont look good"This actually makes it worse for me.You may try telling him simply not to ask you.Hope something I have said has helped you in some way.MarkP.S. There are a lot of things peple have found relief with..Calcium...IBSACOL...Etc.. you may want to give one of them a try[This message has been edited by StayingAboveIt (edited 08-25-2001).]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Don't give up yet...I had have had IBS for 11 years now...I know at times it seems like life isn't even worth living, but you just have to keep looking for the little things that make you happy.Whether it is your husbands smile or a walk outside (doesn't have to be far away), or even a certain drink/food you like (and can tolerate).Stick with this board, there are a lot of caring people here going through the same thing.Remember no matter how bad you think you have it, there are plenty of people much worse off. ;]As far your husband asking if you are OK...My girfrlriend does the same thing.."are you ok? you dont look good"This actually makes it worse for me.You may try telling him simply not to ask you.Hope something I have said has helped you in some way.MarkP.S. There are a lot of things peple have found relief with..Calcium...IBSACOL...Etc.. you may want to give one of them a try[This message has been edited by StayingAboveIt (edited 08-25-2001).]

·
Registered
383 Posts
Try that calcium, and if you keep getting depressed about stuff, see your doc.Like my husband says, everyone has something their loved ones have to deal with, it's OK I love you. So don't worry too much. Take Care

·
Registered
383 Posts
Try that calcium, and if you keep getting depressed about stuff, see your doc.Like my husband says, everyone has something their loved ones have to deal with, it's OK I love you. So don't worry too much. Take Care

·
Registered
47 Posts
fionamp Welcome!!! I can give you lots of encouragement. since joining this group I now take caltrate and am playing around experimenting with citrucell and metamucill wafers. I have seen some improvement! There is hope and you are far from alone!!! Faye from Cambridge, MA

·
Registered
47 Posts
fionamp Welcome!!! I can give you lots of encouragement. since joining this group I now take caltrate and am playing around experimenting with citrucell and metamucill wafers. I have seen some improvement! There is hope and you are far from alone!!! Faye from Cambridge, MA

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
FI:First, I know what you mean. Living with the Syndrome destroyed (2) marriages for me. The thirs was her alcoholism so she never really minded my IBS much
Things can be worse, but this also can be managed and overcome. it does not need to be this way.Please read EVILGUTS current thread and some of the stuff we discussed there. MY suggestions to him may be helpful to you as well. http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/023006.html Maybe your husband can visit both the Living With IBS area and this Board with you, to help strengthen him and gain perspective. Also to see that it is not hopeless. Both of you need to know that. I thought it was but now for 6 years KNOW FOR SURE it is not. Prevention, thus no need to worry about where the drugs or loos are, is possible. Happens every day.MNL_____________ www.leapallergy.com

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
FI:First, I know what you mean. Living with the Syndrome destroyed (2) marriages for me. The thirs was her alcoholism so she never really minded my IBS much
Things can be worse, but this also can be managed and overcome. it does not need to be this way.Please read EVILGUTS current thread and some of the stuff we discussed there. MY suggestions to him may be helpful to you as well. http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/023006.html Maybe your husband can visit both the Living With IBS area and this Board with you, to help strengthen him and gain perspective. Also to see that it is not hopeless. Both of you need to know that. I thought it was but now for 6 years KNOW FOR SURE it is not. Prevention, thus no need to worry about where the drugs or loos are, is possible. Happens every day.MNL_____________ www.leapallergy.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.