Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for all of you, can IBS-D go into "somewhat" of a remission? I have not ate any beef or really any meat or byproducts for approx. 1 month now and I've noticed that this weekend I've had more bowel movements than I've had in the past month. I'm not under any stress(unless it's in my "inner brain"). I ate cerery last night for dinner,had a good breakfast and a light lunch. Since I've stopped eating meat I've felt alot better, my "guts" aren't as crampy and my movements are more predictable and solid. so, if anyone has any feedback on this situation please let me know, OK!?

·
Registered
515 Posts
it can definitly go into remission!! I used to have D attacks every freakin day.. the ones that would leave me just shakey and exhausted and i didnt want to go out.. but for the past year, i havent had hardly *any* attacks at all!! i fear the day it comes back..but i'm livin it up while i can!i attribute mine to finally getting settled into life, eating healthier, and tums. if it works for you, do it!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
it can definitly go into remission!! I used to have D attacks every freakin day.. the ones that would leave me just shakey and exhausted and i didnt want to go out.. but for the past year, i havent had hardly *any* attacks at all!! i fear the day it comes back..but i'm livin it up while i can!i attribute mine to finally getting settled into life, eating healthier, and tums. if it works for you, do it!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, IBS-D can absolutely go into remission. But it can also come back without warning. I agree about the meat products. I too try to eat as little as possible and always feel much better. IBS has a lot to do with diet so eliminating meat is a good start.Beth

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, IBS-D can absolutely go into remission. But it can also come back without warning. I agree about the meat products. I too try to eat as little as possible and always feel much better. IBS has a lot to do with diet so eliminating meat is a good start.Beth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts