Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Doctor prescribed Remeron 15MG 1X at bedtime to help cure depression brought on by 20 years of IBS-D. OK the good news I can now sleep from 8-10hours per night before getting to sleep took several hours. Bad news I have to drag my Ass outa bed in the morning and until about lunch time I am sooo tired that I drag along triing to do my housework. The not so good news is that I do not see any great improvement in my IBS-D still have 2-3 bad days per week. I am also on lorazapam (ativan) 2-3mg per day to help with the anxiety of crapping myself outside the house. Has anyone used Remeron for IBS-D and had success?? I once read in this forum that at higher doses of Remeron the sleepiness goes away or at least not so bad. My Doc will up the dose to 30Mg if I ask but I do need the sleep. Oh how this disease causes my mind and body way too much grief When will there be the magic pill to make this go away!! Thanks you guys are the best!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bid you hello and welcome, too! I am new to this board also. Just posted my first today. After reading everything I read here I do feel hopeful. First time in a long time. Hang in there, we will all try to help each other.Verleen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts