Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey, I have what my doc thinks is a dysbiosis in the gut, or possibly PI-IBS- but I have noticed what is a weird symptom:While I do have some urgency, before a bm my gut is at ease and calm, no pain or real discomfort.Then after a bm (whether loose or formed, sickly or not) I have a little soreness in bowel but mainly in the upper gut, and alot of burping throughout the next few hours. Also over the next few hours the needto pass trapped gas high up in the bowl comes and goes. Some people have mentioned I should be tested for Sibo - (had Rifaxamin then Flagyl - no results.) Is thissort of thing a symptom of SIBO or of something else? Thanks for any thoughts.In case interested, here is my history - http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=121042

·
Registered
546 Posts
Martin,Burping can be a symptom of IBS, gastroparesis, and H. pylori, among other things. I'm like you, flagyl and rifaximin did not help my burping. Personally, I don't think it's worth testing for SIBO. There are too many false positives and false negatives. If the treatments work, who cares what the diagnosis is? But that's just me. You should consult with a medical doctor.Pimentel, the spiritual leader of the SIBO movement, claimed that he got better results from the elemental diet than from antibiotics. You can always give them a try as well.Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.