Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Sore breasts

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  kamie 
#1 ·
Do you guys find you get tingly sore breasts? I'm not pregnant or anything, it just happens some times. Particularly if I've been lying on them at night. Really sore. Is this normal?

See less See more
#6 ·
I also have fibrocystic breasts. Katstraford - fibrocystic breasts are usually very lumpy and the lumps can swell and hurt before or during your period or sometimes during ovulation. Of course if you find any type of lumps you should go to the GYN to make sure they are just breast cysts. Like Jeanne, I also find that vitamin E helps. I take 800 i.u. everyday.

#13 ·
There were 2 comments here that cought my attention (1) I've had some of this lately too. Yup, end-of-cycle hormonal fluctuations. (Some say the pain is due to too much estrogen in comparison to progesterone.)(2)I also have IBS-D and tried evening primrose oil on the advice of a friend, for my PMS. I had horrible diarrhea for days. Maybe a coincidence but I haven't used it since. Use with caution. Evening Prim Rose is a phytoestrogen.If you are using Evening Primrose to treat a breast problem that might be triggered by estrogen, then you might notice some unhappy sideeffects.For some women Evening Primrose works well.However, since hormones are such a complicated subject it might be prudent to ask the doctor for a hormone work up to find what you really need in the way of supplimenting your hormones with phyto nutrients.The palnt world is full of estrogen like substances that affect a womans body with estrogen like effects.The medicine Cenestin is a plant based medication created to be the match to Premarine (pregnant mare urine) for HRT for women.Cenestine is made from the Soy Plant and from Yams both of which are very rich in the phytoestrogen content.So, best to figure your levels and ask the doctor for help so you will know which of the 3 kinds of estrogen might be a source for your problems or if it's progesterone and for some women it can even be testosterone.Kamie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.