Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone get a sore mouth from eating their IBS trigger foods?Last week I ate some crisps (plain ones), which triggered a d-attack, also my tongue was v.sore after, red and bumpy round the edges like I'd been chewing it. Surely I can't be intolerant to potatoes?The same happens with excess sugar, my mouth with feel raw and painful for days. I also get frequent mouth ulcers.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Wow oh wow i thought it was just me.i have been getting wierd things wrong with my mouth for about 4 months now they call it thrush i get a white coating on my tongue and really sore lips on the inside and a sore throat i don't know what is causeing it because everytime i go to the dr it clears up.do you think it is from trigger food or salt? i would love to know cause i am so sick of haveing a sore mouth, sometimes i rinse with peroxide and warm water which does seem to helpI do notice i get it more when stressed.lately i have been getting strange things going on and am very emotional and just want to sleep alot.i cry alot now too.what do you do for your mouth sores?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I have problems with mouth ulcers too, and they take forever to heal, the doctor has just given me a steroid paste to spead over them, but it gunged up mouth, so im back using bonjelar (spl?) and rinse with salt water 3 times a day.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi, This is me for certain I have forever a sore throat cannot get rid of it and my tongue seems to have cracks in it and be very sore. I am wondering if it is something I eat also I look after my mouth and teeth but still get sores.

·
Registered
98 Posts
For mouth ulcers/canker sores you could try:1.) L-Lysine (found at a health food store and sometimes at a drug store). When you have them take 1000mg capsules (two 500s) for a few days, then go down to 500mg a day for a maintainance dose. If you get them again (or start to feel them) up the dose back to 1000 for a few days. This helps a lot for cold sores, and can help for canker sores and the cracking some get in the sides of their lips.2.)There is a product at many drug stores, I think it is called Amosan (or something like that - if I find it is different or someone else finds please post). You gargle with it to help mouth ulcers.3.)Already mentioned - a mix of hydrogen peroxide and water as a gargle, then spit out.If you have a sore throat and/or white patches on your tongue or in your mouth which you can't seem to get rid of I think you should go see a doctor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.