Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Ugh, I get these attacks of pain under the rib cage that make me want to throw up, then I get D from it and it lasts for about 4 to 6 hours. After one of those nights my whole underneath of my rib cage feels bruised like you said. My GP has done heaps of tests on me to see what it is and in the end treated me for an ulcer but that didn't work either. I don't know what it is but it's horrible!

·
Registered
298 Posts
If the gut wall is inflammed it can cause all sorts of side effects including inflammation in other areas of the body, but usually quite close to the source so the lower ribs would fall into this area. Also inflammation in the pelvic caused by the same problem can cause Ibsers to limp usually favoring the left leg. The lower back is very vunerable to IBS conditions also with spasms in the bowel causing considerable pain there. I remember all these symptoms very well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joolie- Glad to see I am not the only one!!
I am glad that I came to the board. I ignore alot of my symptoms because it doesn't do much good running to the doctor. Then some times I wonder if there really is something else wrong with me. Too bad that can't find more answers for the cause of IBS. (Besides your stressed out) Yes, I am stressed out alright. Stressed out that I get no relief from the symptoms and told it is pretty much just in my head!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
heyyes i get what feels like bruised ribs when my ibs is playing up. sometimes it gets to the point i actually look to see if they are bruised! i wonder what causes it? also noticed recently that sometimes my legs are affected as well just like snakeoil said and a sore back.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
LOL!Joolie if you had figth with Tyson,that would be your ear who hurts.

·
Registered
332 Posts
hey joolie, yeah you seemed to vanish before Christmas then i had family staying. hows things? i'm having the bestest time in the whole wide world. sorry i know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but i'll use it anyway!so why do we get sore ribs if there's no inflammation?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.