Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a really painful attack with cramping. My cramping only lasted for one day, but it's 2 days later and my side is still sore (in the areas I felt the most cramping). Anyone else find that they are sore after an attack? Is this normal? Anything you've found to alleviate the pain?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
People can be sore every single day. Pain can continue after the attack is over with IBS.Have you tried peppermint, prescription antispasmodics, if you have pain most days than low dose antidepressants. Some people like a heating pad or those thermowrap things. Also might try some stress reduction techniques as they can reduce pain.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Kathleen. Luckily, I don't have severe pain every day. I most commonly experience discomfort, but when I do have an attack, I find that even if I'm not cramping, I have tender/sore areas on my abdomen/side. I have tried antispasmodics, but did not seem to get any relief.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.