Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I've been going to the bathroom a bit too much lately (duration, not quantity), but I am now extremely sore. It feels like it's burning when anything comes into contact with the skin, and it feels like there are pins and needles stuck in the skin when I contract the muscles a certain way. There are no visible signs of anything. There is no blood, no redness, bumps, or anything else. The stool is a bit more yellow than usual. It's a stinging, burning sensation. It's kind of like the burning sensation one gets when vomiting, only at the other end.I have had to hold in any urges to go to the bathroom because the burning sensation is too painful when anything other than gas comes out. It actually feels like pins and needles are coming out.I couldn't use toilet tissue. I just crouched underneath the running water of a bathtub faucet.I'm thinking perhaps it's just from going (or trying to go) too much (though I'm not sure why that would be a problem since I'm not straining). Since I take milk of magnesia every day, I'm kind of like a drip coffee percolator, always going but only very little at a time.Has anyone else felt this before or know what is wrong? Any advice?

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
yes ad i have had this myself, i cant explain why, however i did ask my doc (no prizes for guessing what she said) oh its your ibs
aahhhh god if i broke my big toe would she blame that on my ibs too? Theres nothing worse than feeling sore due to too many toilet visits, life sucks eh! so does ibs, but were stuck with it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I know exctly what you mean. It is as though there is an acidic burning or tingling at times. I see this too associated with change in stool color of a brilliant yellow or orange tinge. I have had ibsd so long that I do not remember what a normal stool pattern is really like. I use the moist wipes that are a little gentler than dry tissue and even carry a purse size with me. They help some but on those days when 10-15 bms a day, nothing really helps. I also use the preparaion h cream, it seems to help sooth and heal the area.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! It helps to know this isn't so abnormal and I don't need to go to the ER!Actually, I did wet the tissue with warm water, and it was much better. The Vaseline actually wasn't any improvement over dry tissue.I never have used Preparation-H as I always thought it was exclusively for hemmorhoids (sp?). I checked and saw that Preparation H has a lot of products! Is the cream the best one in this case?Thanks again!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just a thought: you may want to check your diet and eliminate foods that are highly acidic in nature, such as fruit juices and tomato based sauces, even wines or other alcohol. I had based my diet on such foods because I enjoy them and my system became ultra-acidic. I had the same burning sensations when relieving myself. IBS demands pretty much that you consider your diet. I moved totally to diet based on soluble fiber, fresh pasta, rice, chicken, etc without any rich sauces. No coffee!!! Again, just a thought...

G

·
Wise words Healthwise - yes, I'm abit sore "down there" at the mo - this seems to have stemmed from a bout of cystitis and generally poor "toilet habits" ie wiping the wrong way (if you get my drift) which I'm trying to do summat about. Yes, I'm sure too many visits to the big white telephone don't help!! AD you are not alone I assure you.All the bestSue, Manchester

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think acids in foods affect the colon. They only cause problems in the stomach from what I understand. I always thought the majority of the mass of food was absorbed before getting to the colon. Even so, the only acid I get is from half a tomato a day, coffee, and tea. I do often wonder if some other substance my body produces could be to blame. Besides, I eat the same thing every day, and I only get this problem once or twice a month on average.The problem has since gone away. I just needed a few hours off the toilet. I get this every once in a while; it was just a bit more severe this time.Thanks for the support!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.