Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven't eaten much over a few days, and I've noticed in the past the same problem... I guess my digestive system doesn't have enough to work through?Felt like I need to go, either go a tiny bit, then more later/tomorrow or it just feels literally stuck there... it's like right there, ready to come out, but won't. Is this common? And is it most likely because I haven't eaten much food over a period of perhaps 3 days?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
That sounds like what most people describe when they are constipated. Even healthy people when they are constipated can feel that way. (like it is right there, but they can't go).Now if you have to strain for a long time for any BM (especially when you have stools that should be easy to pass) then get the pelvic floor tested.It is normal to have problems passing hard, dry, hard-to-pass stools, thus the "hard to pass" part of the description of the constipated stool consistency. :(Stools can have a constipated consistency even if you just ate the biggest meal ever. The consistency at the end isn't all that determined by what is in your stomach right now. That being said, eating regularly does give the GI tract the signals it needs to work so even if it is just a few mouthfuls eat something at least 3X a day at usual meal times. If you can make yourself do that 4-6 times a day that may also help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! Will keep an eye on the eating too.I have read all sorts of stories about impaction and other such things which really scare me. So I got very worried it was something along those lines. It's particularly annoying and uncomfy ... it's literally there, but just won't finish the job.

·
Registered
722 Posts
mumble-i feel exactly the same,i always feel as though there is something just sitting in the back passage but will not come out,i am not constipated like others are,my BM's are always soft,but they just wont pass without straining.I feel so bloated to 24/7.YUK!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am exactly the same.I can just about remember how it was to pass a normal sized BM and how my bowels used to work.I can actually feel the way my bowel is not working the way it should be. Straining is useless because our muscles are not working the way they did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.