Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been diagnosed lactose intolerant for like the past 8 years....as of recent the past 7 months or so...everytime I have soy products, such as cheese, ice cream, milk and so on...the following morning I have enormous cramps, and alot of going to the bathroom, and alot of bloating and gas bubbles which takes a couple of hours to go away. Does anyone else experience this, or have heard about this?? Not sure what to do for milk since I cant have milk and soy milk is hurting me atleast I think it is....does anyone have ideas or anything?? Thank you

·
Registered
617 Posts
absolutely!!!!!!! I try to drink soy milk also, supposed to be good for women in peri-menopause, good for cholesterol etc.etc. But I experience moe cramping when I drink it too. I must also be hard to digest. I am so discouraged, everything that is supposed to be good for you Gives me D. I would love to eat right, I enjoy eating salads,grilled veges, fruit, can't seem to eat a thing lately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah..even with rice dream i get very bad cramps...the thing is I cnat have regular milk, soy milk, or this rice milk or wahtever it is made of, so im not sure what to do for like when i make pizza, or ice cream or whatever..soy doesnt bother me when its in like cliff bars or bread but when it is the main ingrediant i guess in like milk or cheese or ice cream it bothers me alot and i get big time D...so not sure what to do.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
have you tried using lactaid? I'm lactose intolerant but instead od giving up milk and cheese, I use the pills or drink the lactose free milk. As long as I do that, I am fine.I hadn't heard that about soy and lactose connection. I never have a problem with soy although I don't drink the milk since I just don't like it. I've had soy ice cream though and was OK. of course just like lactose intolerance, everyone has different degrees of it.nancy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.