Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I recently tried Soymilk at a friend's suggestion, because milk really bothers me, but I LOVE it. I was delighted to find it did not bother me at all. It also comes in flavors like chocolate and vanilla. It tastes just a little different than milk, but it's not "yucky" at all. I plan to give the soy ice cream a try as well. I hope the soy milk is a good alternative for you as well!Take care!Valerie

·
Registered
23 Posts
I switched from 1% milk to soy milk almost a year ago when I figured out that dairy was a problem for me. I really like the taste. I grew up drinking milk with almost every meal and thought I would never like soy milk. I tried several brands before I found one that I liked. I drink "Silk" soy milk it is pretty good.Also, when I want a treat I buy Mocha Mix Non-Dairy Dessert in Vanilla and add a little bit of chocolate sauce. The Mocha Mix is lactose free. You can find it in the frozen food section of the market.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I used to drink a TON of milk before I realized that my tummy was sensitive to it. I can't even drink Lactaid on an empty stomach. I've resigned myself to the fact that I will not be able to drink a nice, ice cold glass of milk like I used to. I use a soy milk powder (Soya Good) that I mix in with a protein shake in the morning. The liquid breakfast is gentle on my stomach, and I also get in 25 grams of protein, something that I have to struggle to get in these days. I don't like the taste alone (of any soy or rice milk) but they're great mixed in with smoothies, protein shakes, cereal, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts