Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just wondered... stupid question but there's always mention of spasm with IBS and I wondered what exactly does that mean? How does it feel? I've got a feeling like I've got a twitch in my bowel low left side - is that a spasm??? I suffer constipation and wind. This is staying in the same place and feels odd - I've not really felt this before but I do get pain, bloating and 'grumbles', this is different
. Any info. appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
your colon falls towards the left i believe..so if you have stool you can see it well or feel it..i get a slight bump as the day goes on and im guessin thats waht ive ate stackin up.. i also get bad gas..and bubbling shortly after ive eaten...i heard this is normal..but tbh...i think ibs is generalized too much! some people find out they have allergies along the way..or something completely different!! i yet to find my problem..if your worried see your GP..well if its anything like mine u will end up going home none the wiser tbh! good luck sweet x

·
Registered
14,427 Posts

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I have learned...IBS just isn't worth worrying about and that worrying itself will only make me feel worse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
P.S. I can also feel my bowel is big and quite solid - a hard tube (I'm quite thin so can feel it).
I have been battling some issues for about 4 months now and just posted a thread about it. I too feel these tube/rope like feelings. Every time I take a hot bath I can actually see the tube shape a little. I believe it is the water acting like a magnifying glass so to speak. I have been wondering if this was normal myself as 2 ct's have claimed significant constipation through a 3 month period. Sometimes this is only on the right sometimes the left and can be both. When it is both they dont seem so big. I can actually feel it on the right one time and later in the day it will be on the left. Its strange , but somehow your comment made me feel better with my issues. I am also a lean guy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where I've had the spasmy twitching is now very painful - as if razor blade in there! Is that pain IBS???Pres - I feel it travel round sometimes - sometimes I can feel it on right, then later left etc. I think it kind of makes sense we can feel it if we suffer constipation and are slim!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Pain and discomforts (so things like bloating that may not be painful but aren't fun, either) is a major symptom of IBS. So if you have IBS you will probably have pain.Having pain when you have IBS is normal and is not an indication something else is wrong. Now if your pain suddenly changes from it's usual pattern you may need to be checked out as it isn't the only thing that can cause abdominal pain. It is the most likely thing to cause abdominal pain.Every word you can use to describe pain is likely to be IBS pain. It doesn't have one specific feeling to it so trying to find a specific wording to prove your pain is not IBS pain really isn't useful. Everything from achy to stabbing to burning can all be IBS pain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.