Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! I'm new to this IBS with Constipation thing. I've been to the GI doc, had an endoscopy, and everything is normal. But on and off I have periods of upper left abdominal pain that is lessened by a bowel movement, but doesn't totally go away for several days. It is not an intense pain - but very sore. Anyone relate? I mentioned it to the doc 2 weeks ago, he didn';t seem overly concerned. I've been reading a lot about Splenic Flexure syndrome and it all sounds very familiar....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure that they've ever proven that splenic flexure syndrome is completely separate from IBS rather than just a subset.There don't seem to be any SFS specific treatments different than what you see for IBS that I know of.Pain that goes away after a BM is a classic and typical IBS symptom.
Thanks for the reply! I think reading about how many other people are experiencing the same thing helps a bit. I'm sure the anxiety I have been feeling about the pain hasn't helped the situation!All I know to do is eat smart, work out every morning, drink lots of water, take my Probiotic, drink Citrucel every day for the constipation, and try to not worry about it (that's the hardest part!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.