Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else get giddy over spring like I do? Just went out yesterday and bought about $50 worth of flowers that I can't wait to get out today and plant!! This is definitely my FAVORITE time of year -how 'bout you guys??I guess spring doesn't officially start till about 8pm tonight, but what the heck.
[This message has been edited by TORPEDOBUTT (edited 03-20-99).]

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm with you on that one. I always feel good when Spring arrives. Right now my garden is a riot of daffodils, the wallflowers are just budding, the hyacinths are blooming, the tulips will be along in a couple of weeks, and under the trees there's a multitude of bluebells waiting to flower. After a dull, wet Winter, it's amazing what a few sunny warm days can do in the garden. It helps to lift my winter depression.I've got a gift voucher for a local garden centre, and I'm trying to decide whether to blow it on rose bushes or go for something more exotic. Another thing that is going to help me feel better: the counselling centre where I work part-time has a course called "Healing through colour". It involves working with water colours, wet on wet. I did this course a couple of years ago, and found it very helpful. Well, I've signed up for another one, starting on Tuesday, and I'm looking forward to working with colour after quite a long bout of low-level depression. I can recommend it to anyone whose spirits are in need of a little lift. You don't have to be able to draw: you just need a few tubes of water colours and some wet paper, then off you go, slap on the paints and watch them mingle and create new colours and shapes. Teaches you about letting go of the reins and not trying to control.------------------Phyllis

G

·
Torpedo,I'm with you, Yabba dabba doooooo! Yikes!I got up at 6 this morn and made coffee and had some of my homemade brown rice flour banana raisin bread. Then off to the yard! I planted some grass plugs, pulled weeds, raked, watered. The air is soo beautiful. I bought some flower seeds yesterday, so I'll dig up a bed and plant them tonight or tomorrow. I feel so good now.I love your spring animations - it was a delight to read this post.Phyllis - your watercolor class sounds wonderful. I'd taken one about 3 years ago when my mom was here in Forida and we really enjoyed it - I have no talent, just the desire. Maybe I'll pull them out and try the technique you are talking about - I may have some info on it in a book I have. Thanks for sharing - I think you've inspired me to do something fun!------------------Martha

G

·
I don't know why, but my eyes are getting misty as I read your posts! Yikes! Must be Spring Fever!
The trees here in Northern California have been in bloom for a little while already - first the pretty pink flowering plums, then whatever tree makes white flowers (can ya tell I'm a lousy gardener?
)...... pretty soon the wisteria that I have draped over my patio will be in beautiful, riotous bloom! Oh - that's something to see! YAY! I, too, want to rush right out to the nursery and buy tons of color to start my little container garden on my patio, but I'm such a lousy gardener I'll wait till it gets a little warmer and there's no danger of cool nights.
BTW, I killed my "happy wanderer" this winter. Boo hoo. But I'm already looking on the bright side - I can plant something else in that pot now! Ah.....the options!

G

·
I love spring too!!! Unfortunately nothing is in bloom here... We still have snow!!! But it is melting very fast and the sun is shining bright today!!!! I had a interesting night last night... I was supposed to go out to my friends but my stomach was howling so I did not go... I phoned my friends and they said they might come over.. I also told them that I was going to be engaged soon... I didn't get much of a response from them... Oh well I am very happy... I just have to convince my honey that we should run away and get married in the Dominican Republic!!!! Spring is wonderful... enjoy!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update.....OK, I admit it. Yes, I did spend $50 yesterday on flowers.........But I spent $100 more today!! Yikes......
After my husband saw what I am doing to the yard, he gave me the checkbook and told me to GO FOR IT!! (I think he actually liked what I've done
)

G

·
Update for me:This afternoon I took a nap, then went back to the store for more stuff. I decided to dig up a new garden. I'm half done, so I'll finish tomorrow - it's going to look so good. I'm going to put some small ornamental grasses and maybe one of the flower seeds there. For another garden in my yard I got flower seeds: purple coneflower, thrift (never tried these before), cosmos (my favorites), and salvia. Hope they grow in Florida.I feel great - I'll probably be sore when I'm all done, but that's ok.------------------Martha

G

·
Congrats to you and your honey, Sandwomin! What a wonderful time to be celebrating. Sorry you weren't well enough to go out, I hope you feel better soon, I am sure the season will help. Right now it is the beginning of autumn here torpedobutt and I am getting ready to plant bulbs for next spring. We don't get snow where we are but lots of frosts. And daylight savings ends next week so I will have to visit you to get some extra sunlight and summer moods.
Your post really was lovely, I can only ever save one gif at a time, how did you do that?Jenni

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hiya Jenni,You're in Australia right? I'm in Atlanta Georgia
We've been having warm weather now for a couple of weeks and things are really starting to bloom and buzz all over
.As far as saving gifs, just type your first one in, and then at the end, hit the spacebar once and start over with your next gif
Give it a try

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I just COULDN'T resist - it's sunny and 80 degrees here in lovely Phoenix, AZ.
It's more like the first day of summer. Don't you all worry - I may be gloating now, but come summer I'll be whining about the 120 degree heat!I love planting flowers too. Since I've done that, I was out weeding today.Ty

·
Registered
136 Posts
Where do you pepole live??? I'm in Ontario and it's snowing right now, it rained all day, then turned to snow.8( I am way jelous of you guys. My fav thing about spring is the smell -- it smells so fresh and good.....8)

G

·
Katherine,I'm in Florida. It was near 80 today and breezy. Really beautiful.Here you have to hurry to get spring planting and major outdoor work done soon or it'll be too hot and humid. Seems like spring doesn't last too long here.------------------Martha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.