Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
yes, i have heard very good things about it... one woman i used to work with used it to control mood swings, without it she was very close to the edge...

G

·
yes, i have heard very good things about it... one woman i used to work with used it to control mood swings, without it she was very close to the edge...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi John, I've been using St.John's Wort for about 3mths now for mild deppression (Menopause mood swings). I take 300mg. 2-3xs a day.You might want to check the archives for info. It does have some side effects and interactions with meds. It has really help me control my IBS-D and cut down on the "times" I spend in the bathroom. Good luck to you!!! Valerie------------------Health to all!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi John, I've been using St.John's Wort for about 3mths now for mild deppression (Menopause mood swings). I take 300mg. 2-3xs a day.You might want to check the archives for info. It does have some side effects and interactions with meds. It has really help me control my IBS-D and cut down on the "times" I spend in the bathroom. Good luck to you!!! Valerie------------------Health to all!!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
It should work for people with mild depression. It does have possible drug interactions so you have to talk to your Dr about it. If you are on any other antidepressants then do not take St. John's Wort.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
It should work for people with mild depression. It does have possible drug interactions so you have to talk to your Dr about it. If you are on any other antidepressants then do not take St. John's Wort.

·
Registered
90 Posts
HI i have used it to and i found it to be great it really got me over the blues,when i was finding it hard to cope.. It also helped with D as i had it all the time and most of my day was on the loo .. Go to your local healthshop they should be able to tell you more about it.. good luck heidi

·
Registered
90 Posts
HI i have used it to and i found it to be great it really got me over the blues,when i was finding it hard to cope.. It also helped with D as i had it all the time and most of my day was on the loo .. Go to your local healthshop they should be able to tell you more about it.. good luck heidi

·
Registered
840 Posts
It is good for mild to moderate depression,I have tried it for the winter blues and it worked but I noticed that I had some difuculty breathing, I checked a site like this one (I don't remember the address) and other people had the same breathing diffuculty,I stopped taking it. Good luck to you, I think it's very minimal the amount of people that has this side effect.

·
Registered
840 Posts
It is good for mild to moderate depression,I have tried it for the winter blues and it worked but I noticed that I had some difuculty breathing, I checked a site like this one (I don't remember the address) and other people had the same breathing diffuculty,I stopped taking it. Good luck to you, I think it's very minimal the amount of people that has this side effect.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Wear sunscreen if you take St. John's Wort because it can in some people make them more sensitive to the sun (they burn easier).Check out http://www.healthcentral.com/PeoplesPharma...ytype=HerbalMon Which lists most of the known interactions.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Wear sunscreen if you take St. John's Wort because it can in some people make them more sensitive to the sun (they burn easier).Check out http://www.healthcentral.com/PeoplesPharma...ytype=HerbalMon Which lists most of the known interactions.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.