Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago there was a thread about the effects of SJW on IBS. That same day I was having miserable symptoms and remembered an article someone posted about the gut having it's own little brain (does anyone remember that one?), and I wondered if the SJW that I took to handle depression during my cycle would affect my IBS. I took two pills and within a couple hours my symptoms were gone. Before getting too excited I wanted to experiment. It has been three weeks since the first time I tried it. Since then my IBS has has come back two times. At the first sign of symptoms I popped two SJW pills and POOF, within a couple hours my symptoms were gone. It seems like it is safe to assume the SJW is helping. After reading the BB I think my IBS is more mild than a lot of other cases. This may make it easier to control. Just thought I would let you know in case it could help someone else.P.s. St. John's Wort is an herbal anti-deppresant that has been used in Germany for years. It is prescribed 40 times more than Prozac to treat depression (I read this in an herbal guide out of a health magazine).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had been taking St. Johns Wort for almost 2 years (more for my spirits than the IBS) and a few weeks ago I had my worst attack in 5 years. So although I'm very happy that it is working for you, and hope it continues, my results weren't so good. But don't get discouraged, different things work for different people.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Kamiann:I'm very happy that St. John's Wort is helping you so much.
I've heard other people say they are quite happy with it.Please keep in mind, though, to mention to your doc that you are taking in because there are some side effects in organ rejection, HIV meds and with birth control pills.Some of the latest news articles in the News Forum talk about these effects, and you can read them at: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum10/HTML/000144.html Good luck, and keep us posted on how you're doing.
JeanG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.