Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having an attack of IBS for the past 3 weeks now, intestinal spasms, nausea, acid reflux, you name it. I've always had aching pain in my back running down both sides (near where my colon would be?) Anyway this morning I had such a pain in my lower left side towards the back that felt like someone stabbed me, and then my whole body felt like it had been hit by lightening. Has anyone ever had this, is it just the colon spasming?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I had that same pain before and it ended up being a gallbladder full of stones. You might want to give the doc a call and get in to see him. I ignored my pain for awhile and I finally told my x-doctor, he gave me prilosec for two years saying I had GERD. Well I didn't and ended up in the ER having emergency gallbladder surgery. I had 30 some stones in it and it was about to rupture. I have a new doctor now. Get checked out just in case.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had my gallbladder out 4 years ago (didn't find any stones, just sludge), just before I was diagnosed with IBS. That was a last ditch effort to "cure" me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe that is possible to have "phantom" gallbladder pains, kind of like with amputees, even when the gallbladder has been removed. I don't get them, but I know at least one of my aunts complains about them at times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.