Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure that I have IBS these days by the traditional definitions but am keen to know peoples thoughts in this area. (my symptoms are fatigue, poor concentration, d and weight loss)I have been strugling with my weight for some time and dont seem able to put much on. I was diagnosed with a parasite a while back and my nutritionest felt that it had gone as I had put weight back on. (I am currently 9stone 12lbs)I wan't to increase my weight but whenever I eat starchy food my weight drops back. Is it likely that I am still troubled by the parasites?Thanks,Tricky

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi there,Have you been to the GP for these symptoms lately? Weightloss is not usually associated with IBS from what I know, unless you just don't eat much anymore. But if you have these symptoms especially when your eating starchy food (as in wheat?) I'm wondering if you have been tested for cealiac disease? I would ask your GP what he/she thinks of your symptoms, hope you will get more replies,Fay

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Fay,Thanks for the reply. I have had all the tests done and the GP gave me some anti-biotics for the parasite but with no gurantee of them fixing things. My nutritionist gave me some stuff to take and that helped me get some weight back on. The starches I have eaten recently are not wheat based and are more things like potatoe and bannana. My suspicion is that the parasites are still hanging out so I will likely go and see the nutritionist again.Thanks,Tricky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.