Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, i am sorry to hear the news of Judy's passing. I didn't know her, but she certainly seemed a popular person her. May she rest in peace.Now some of you may have read my posting a few weeks ago when i said how i was due to start a new job but was worried i wouldn;t cope. Well, today i started and it all went really well. I didn't feel ill at all this morning and stayed perfectly relaxed all day. I think the secret was that when i nervously explained to my new boss that i suffered from IBS-D, he told me that he too was a suffered so was perfectly fine with it. He accepted that i needed flexible working hours and he even asked if i minded if he did the same to help out with his IBS!!! It really helps when your boss understands!! I am now confident in my new job and hope to stay there for many years!!!And thank you to everyone that gave me advice, the medication and hypnotherapy are really helping.Stacey West SussexUK

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's GREAT news! Good for you, Stacey. It takes courage to walk right in and tell your boss about your IBS. It took me way too many years (and unfortunately getting fired from too many jobs) to get to the point where I was comfortable enough to openly discuss my condition with anybody, especially my bosses. Of course, there are always going to be some people who won't be cool with that kind of a gutsy, personal confession, but I've personally found that the vast majority of people are (surprisingly) much more sympathetic and understanding than you might think they'd be.Again, way to go! Good luck with the job!Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.