Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I was just wondering how the test went ?? Havent seen you on here for ages . I assume u have got the new internet connection by now aswell ? I hope u are doing alright plz let me know how your tests went

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi Shadowz - it is so nice to be remembered! I have had my tests or rather test. The gastro doctor recommended a barium enema which was a wonderful experience and it came back normal! I was so worried because I was sure that this time something would be found so i was very, very happy BUT....no further on. I am feeling still very unwell and the worst of it is the pain from the bloating. I am so fat that I want to burst! I am at the docs 2morrow and am going to ask about zelnorm cos I've heard that is meant to be good for bloating and ibsc. The only thing that still worries me is that 3 consultants have said they can feel a swollen something and an ibs diagnosis should only be used when there isn't anything physical to be found. So I'm going to ask about that. I'm beginning to wonder if it is part of a wider issue like hormones or something. But it is so hard to discuss all these things with the doc without sound like a hypochondiac (sp?) Also they don't always like you knowing things do they? Anyway shadowz how goes it with you? Are you well at the moment? Have u had your tests? Let me know how things are going.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Stedwell, I went to see my GI doctor last week armed with article about slow motility and serotonin activity as I am IBS-C. He checked me over and gave me precription for Zelnorm for which I was pleased,as I had read much about it. I have taken one 6mg tab before breakfast and one 6mg before supper and have started to get that normal urge to go without having to resort to suppositories. I also seem to be sleeping better also.First tab gave me diarrhea,went three timesbut settled down to once a day.I also take Synthroid for underactive thyroid and Zocor forhigh cholesterol and there seems no conflictingproblems.I meant to answer your previous post but procrastinated. Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts