Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have had ibs for 22 yrs now, it has always been massive bloating and trapped wind which is painful, in the early yrs i had some constipation.i have only ever been given peppermint pills, buscopan and mebverine.....none of them have ever helped much!i have learnt over the yrs that too much spicy food and too much bread will kick it off majorly....and also stress.i have always had quite a healthly balanced diet. my ibs always makes me very tired.over the last 6 months things are now even worse, i caught a tummy bug and spent 5 days passing water, was in so much pain i could barely move and i have also been diagnosed with 2 cysts on 1 of my ovaries.i am due to have a hysterectomy sometime in the next few months and they have said they would 'deal with' my cysts at the same time!i have only had a few weeks in the last 6m where my stomach has felt fine, rest of the time i am swollen, in pain and have had loose stools quite a bit, which relly hurt before during and after!i have now decided to cut out on the main gassy foods....as they are called, mainly potatoes, wheat products and some veg. i am starting this today.....i now wonder what on earth that leaves me to eat?i have 2 girls of 2 and 5 and find it hard keeping up with them due to pain etc!i cant even cough and sneeze properly as it hurts my tummy!really fed up now and just looking for some advice.this is really affecting my life as i am missing out on allsorts. please help.thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.