Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i started on lotronex about three weeks ago. after reaching rock bottome with my ibs- i regained some hope. i have two comments/questions:1. lotornex works for me when i am alone, but as soon as i am with others and become anxious (where's the bathroom!?) it no longer works. i have learned that ANXIETY is huge with IBS. has anyone taken anything for that? or have any suggestions.2. with lotronex i swim to have less D but more cramping. i usually have to use the restroom when i feel pain- but it is no longer D which is good, but not perfect yet. anyone else feel more pain?

G

·
I am 30 year old male and have had IBS-c/d for about 20 years. The symptoms had gotten real bad over the last two years and had really affected my life. I was having constant swings of diarhea and constipation along with extreme bouts of gas build up and pain. Everytime I ate or got nervous, I would have an attack, and I got to the point where I was having panic attacks when I was in places that I new a restroom was not in near proximaty. I stopped going out with friends and family and limited the types of activities I was doing.For the last five months, I have been seeing a Gastroenterologist and have tried several medicines without benefit (donnatol, elavil, zoloft) and also had a colonoscopy. I had also tried fiber supplements (which made me worse) as well as calcium and ginger supplements.I have finally found a combination of medicines which has had a substantial affect and have given me my life back. I am taking Lotronex 2 times a day, paxil once a day, and Librax 3 times a day (usually before meals). I drink mostly water. I have also limited my diet to mostly proteins (chicken, fish, eggs etc...) and have cut out most fruits, vegetables and dairy. I take vitamin supplements to help with the lack of nutrients.The Lotronex has had a substantial affect after the first two weeks. I had already been taking Paxil and Librax for a while with limited success. Once I introduced Lotronex into the combination, the frequency of my bowel movements, gas bloating and pain decreased significanlty. With all of the medicines, my bowel movements are mostly normal. I still get some bad days here and there, but they are not nearly as bad as before. The panick attacks have also gone away because I have the confidence that I will not have a sudden attack.Lotronex appears to be working well for me. It has given me back control of my life.If you try it, give it some time. A pamphlet from Eckered drugs that came with the medicine said it can take four weeks reach its full affect.I hope this helps some of you.Don't give up!

G

·
Does anyone know if there is any problem taking Lotronex with valium and inderal? Also, does it have or can it have any sort of cardiovascular side effects?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts