Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody ever get sharp stabbing stomach pains immediately after eating?? The about an hour later I get sharp pains on my left side under my ribs. Boy, this stuff is the pits.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
When my IBS was bad I got sharp pains there and other places WHILE I was eating. Usually I couldn't get through a meal before the pain hit.The splenic flexure is in the place you describe and this bend in the colon is often problematic.Colonic activity increases after meals, so that normal increase could be provoking a spasm. Try taking an antispasmodic with meals and that may help. Quite often drugs work better if you take them prior to a predictable symptoms they work on. Like taking an antihistamine before you go to the house with the animal you are allergic to works better than waiting until you've gone over there and the attack has started.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.