Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiLast night I went to bed with stomach cramps... and had a terrible night sleep..and woke with them..not as bad, but still there.I have all the test - ct scan Endoscope, colonoscope, small bowel meal..etc, and my consultant has put me on Nortripyline 20mg and spasmonol and buspar..When I have nights like this I wonder if something else is wrong, and they have got it wrong.. its not IBS-C or GI dysfunction as my con called it. Why can I not except what they tell me?Fiona

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Why can I not except what they tell me?
I don't know why you can't seem to accept an IBS diagnosis. You aren't alone though. I think it is somewhat normal to go through a time of denial etc... like trying to accept anything else life changing seems to require. I wouldn't beat yourself up over it... just keep the focus on managing your symptoms and trying to get the most out of everyday and I am sure you will be accepting this in no time.All the best

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am new to this site and have hit rock bottom. I have been battling chronic ibs for 10 years now and in the past year it has gotten even worse (for no apparent reason). My main symptom is severe wrenching stomach pain/cramps. I have missed more days then I am allowed at work and am being docked pay. Its a battle to get to work every morning without having to stop, and its only 5-10 minutes away. The cramps get so bad that I am on the verge of passing out most of the time. The cramps come on for no apparent reason. It doesn't matter what I eat or if I eat anything for that matter. Stress has little to do with it, since I can just be sitting on the couch relaxing and suddenly be having a bad attack. I have been on every kind of med and have had every kind of test known to man. My symptoms seem to be similar to chrons but they can find it no matter what test they run. My brother in law has chrons and I have much worse symptoms then him. Does anyone have any suggestions? My gi doctor has me on prevacid (acid reflux), lexapro (antianexiety), levbid, donntal, and librax (all antispasams). Nothing seems to work. I am welcome to anything that has helped anyone else with similar debilitating symptom(s). THANKS!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts