Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help, this has been going on for 4/5 weeks. I have now had chronic stomach pains, nausea( all day every day)vomitting bloating, constipation ( took movacol, sennacot tablets, calfig and prune juice nothing is helping) belching, a burning feeling in tummy and have lost nearly a stone in wieght as all i can seem to keep down are cream crackers if i eat anything else i get crippling pains i am on codydramol,spasmadol, tramadol, naproxen,lanoprazol buscopan . Most of the time these meds don't relieve the pains. I also suffer from reflux i am having endoscopy in two weeks all other test came back normal

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If you aren't eating much, then weight loss is normal. The weight loss they worry about in people with GI symptoms is the weight loss when you are eating three full meals a day and snacks on top of that and still can't maintain weight.Have you tried Ginger for the nausea? In the USA Zofran can be an option, but tends to be expensive even with insurance.Remeron is an antidepressant that sometimes does as good a job of calming nausea (it is chemically similar to Zofran) and like most of the antidepressants it can be good for controlling pain. Usually the big problem is it can make people sleepy. They sometimes use it for insomnia.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts