Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Stomach Pains

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  willcc@bellsouth.net 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm new here... been suffering with constipation on and off for what i'd say is a year. i don't handle it all that well as i'm always scared it's something more serious than it is. does anyone else get pains all over their abdomen... not just aches but feelings as if you swallowed razor blades and they are slowly traveling down your intestines. also, sometimes it's as if my abdomen on the sides get really hot. the rest of my stomach will feel normal but then the sides will feel incredibly hot. is this a normal thing? or am i just a freak? my doctor seems to think it's nothing serious but it bugs the #### out of me.i've been on zelnorm for about two months. it worked great the first month but the second has been horrible. on and off movements, definately not the same as the first month. don't get me wrong my bowel movments generally aren't that bad.. the worst for me is the pain in my sides, straining. any suggestions?

#6 ·
Well, yes, I think that some parts of your body can be hotter than other parts at times. As for your pain, well, it may be from straining, it may not. I know myself I'm constipated almost all the time, so I think a lot of my pain comes from having so much stool packed into my intestines all the time. I've been trying magnesuim for a few weeks now and can't say that it's doing a whole lot for me in terms of my constipation, but I've heard it works for some people. You might want to talk to your doctor. I would think that when a body part is considerably warmer than the rest of the body, something could be needing attention. After all, when you injure a knee and it swells, it generally gets warmer, maybe the same thing is happening here.

#7 ·
quote:Originally posted by honugirl AKA Accident Girl:Well, yes, I think that some parts of your body can be hotter than other parts at times.
Last night I was having my pains and it felt like my right side was warmer. We have a temporal thermometer and don't ask why, but I decided to play around. My right side was 1.5 F degrees warmer than my left side. I played around at different times and it seemed pretty consistent.

#8 ·
well, i've had the warmth before but i just wanted to see if this was something common among other suffers. honestly, my bowel movements aren't that far apart. normally i go everyday, never had a span of days without going other than two just recently. my problems usually come with straining, less than normal amounts, etc. i guess it's jsut comforting to hear that others have these sorts of pains so i don't overeact.

#9 ·
I started having very bad stomach pains/cramps and nausea in the year 2000 , and couple mounts later the pain only got worse,after many trips to my doctor, I was given many strong pain killers but none of which helped,I finally ended up in the hospital ,because I had stoped eating,because after eating or drinking would cause much pain.While in the hospital I recieved Demarol and so far was the only pain killer that helped. An iv tube was insurted in a vain the side of my neck where I recieved all nutrients for the next 10 days,after a series tests I was told I had Crohns. About four years later I was told by two other doctors I was misdiagnosed and I did not have Crohns. I would have these very painful flare up about three to four times a year,I would be given 40 mg prednisone for a couple weeks.I dont have bloody stool,I some times have diarrhea with these flare ups.The doctors still has not diagnosed my illness. The Drs are still not sure what have because I am not presenting like a normal Crohns case with lower bowel pains, my pain in mostly upper GI. I am now seeing a Dr at the University of Miami who is preparing to do the camera process and I am again scheduled for another endoscopy tomorrow. Each time they look in the do not see they typical irritations that should convince them of a specific diagnosis. Another problem that has occured frequently is severe itching of my hands and feet whith the onset of a flare up. Has anyone else had that problem? I would be interested to hear from others as so far the Drs at the major hospitals here in Mimai are still searching I am also seeing a dermatologist and she too cannot determine the cause. They took biopsies of my feet today so I am optimistic that they will find the cause. They think it is a protein that is secreted when I have a flare up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.