Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An upper GI showed that I have several small stomach polyps. Anyone else? Am scheduled for an endoscopy to biopsy. Dr. said there are usually benign and pose no problems--but he wants to do the investigation anyway. Was on Prevacid for over 5 years--wonder if PPI drugs have anything to do with this. Changed to Zantac now.Would love to hear from anyone who has this problem.Tania

·
Registered
356 Posts
An upper GI showed that I have several small stomach polyps. Anyone else? Am scheduled for an endoscopy to biopsy. Dr. said there are usually benign and pose no problems--but he wants to do the investigation anyway. I had an endoscopy last summer and it was revealed that I had two small polyps.They were biopsied and proven benign.I wasn't taking any meds at the time.Does anyone know what causes stomach polyps?There was a young woman who was having another endoscopy at the same time I was to see if she had some more.She said that it was her third endoscopy because every time she had an upper GI she had polyps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.