Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The only sure way I know to stop all colon noises is to give yourself a complete obstruction and that is usually a medical emergency.The colon always makes some noise and it really isn't clear why some people are noisier than others. I'd just get a white noise generator so you can't hear it so well. The more your focus on it and atune your mind to it the more you will hear it. Just like some people listen too hard all the time for the sound of their own heart beat. It always makes noise, but you usually only notice when it is really quiet and there isn't much else for your brain to do (or you keep telling it to tell you everytime it notices it).I know some people find the noises upsetting and find it triggers their anxiety which makes it even worse that something is making a noise, but really it is just your colon saying it is working and moving stuff like it is supposed to be working and moving stuff. You don't want it to stop completely.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I get crazy loud rumblings especially in the evenings when trying to sleep. I've had people hear them from across the room before. I think it's partly trapped gas but also I hear weird gurgling sounds so who knows. I never go anywhere that's quiet with lots of people around anymore. One time I actually had to walk out of a play as I could not suppress the strange sounds.

·
Registered
976 Posts
My colon on the left side is the worst place I get noises, its like the sound of a hot water bottle full of water being squashed and making sqishing noises and grumbling and popping, thats where my pain is worse too. It happens when I am lying down, stood up or sitting. Lots of people have commented on my stomach noises.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.