Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking alot about this and I remember as a child I always had stomach aches or what you would call a nervous stomach. It went away for many years and at times I feel like I did when I was little with the conatant stomache aches and general unwell feelings. Any input as to how many of you had chronic stomach troubles as a child?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Lou when I was 10 a Dr said I had muscle spasms and that was why I was sick so much.My Dr says this was a miss diagnoses and I probably had I.B.S my whole life.Things I thought were normal turned out not to be normal. Only since my IBS has gotten real bad that I've learned that things were not normal.Marvin

·
Registered
87 Posts
Lou when I was 10 a Dr said I had muscle spasms and that was why I was sick so much.My Dr says this was a miss diagnoses and I probably had I.B.S my whole life.Things I thought were normal turned out not to be normal. Only since my IBS has gotten real bad that I've learned that things were not normal.Marvin

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I had very few tummy troubles other than a tendancy to get 24 hour "stomach flus" once or twice a year.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I had very few tummy troubles other than a tendancy to get 24 hour "stomach flus" once or twice a year.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I really don't know if this has been established. However, my guess is, "other" troubles as a child could lead to IBS.FWIW BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I really don't know if this has been established. However, my guess is, "other" troubles as a child could lead to IBS.FWIW BQ

·
Registered
428 Posts
I always had a nervous stomach as a child...however it was fairly mild. It would only hit once or twice a year. When it hit it would be a couple trips to the bathroom and it would be all cleared up. More loose back then instead of "D".

·
Registered
428 Posts
I always had a nervous stomach as a child...however it was fairly mild. It would only hit once or twice a year. When it hit it would be a couple trips to the bathroom and it would be all cleared up. More loose back then instead of "D".

G

·
Dear Lou, I recall as a child having to have enemas or chew Feenamint gum for constipation. But, was I really constipated? Could it have been too much candies and goodies on the weekends instead of veggies? Possibly. All I know is, that regular use of enemas and/or laxatives probably helped lead up to my IBS-C and diverticulosis to-day, as well as worrying from an early age about how many times have I gone this week. Good Luck and God Bless, Chris

G

·
Dear Lou, I recall as a child having to have enemas or chew Feenamint gum for constipation. But, was I really constipated? Could it have been too much candies and goodies on the weekends instead of veggies? Possibly. All I know is, that regular use of enemas and/or laxatives probably helped lead up to my IBS-C and diverticulosis to-day, as well as worrying from an early age about how many times have I gone this week. Good Luck and God Bless, Chris

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Yes, I always had a lot of stomach trouble from the time I can remember. I must of only been 4-5 yrs. and remember I could not ride any rides in an amusement park- Iwould throw up and get diarreha, in school with each test or a field outing i would get so nervous and once again vomiting and diarreha. I am now 58 and it is the same old story without the rides or the tests, now other things set it off.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Yes, I always had a lot of stomach trouble from the time I can remember. I must of only been 4-5 yrs. and remember I could not ride any rides in an amusement park- Iwould throw up and get diarreha, in school with each test or a field outing i would get so nervous and once again vomiting and diarreha. I am now 58 and it is the same old story without the rides or the tests, now other things set it off.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I had bothersome C as a child as well as almost constant tummy aches. I didn't know it wasn't normal.I'm from an abusive family, and in the past few years I've identified food triggers for my pain, but I've also noticed tensing up, tummy clenching in response to stress. By doing deep breathing and trying to redirect my stress response this has helped my pains also. Your mention of "general unwell feelings" as a child makes me think you might have a stress component to your symptoms. Were you in an unpleasant or stressful situation when you had those feelings as a child? If so, are you under similar stress now?Good luck

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I had bothersome C as a child as well as almost constant tummy aches. I didn't know it wasn't normal.I'm from an abusive family, and in the past few years I've identified food triggers for my pain, but I've also noticed tensing up, tummy clenching in response to stress. By doing deep breathing and trying to redirect my stress response this has helped my pains also. Your mention of "general unwell feelings" as a child makes me think you might have a stress component to your symptoms. Were you in an unpleasant or stressful situation when you had those feelings as a child? If so, are you under similar stress now?Good luck

·
Registered
156 Posts
i have always had problems right form babyhood apparently - constipation and gas etc so personally i think there is a link between earlier problems and my IBS but i really wouldnt like to say there IS a link in general!

·
Registered
156 Posts
i have always had problems right form babyhood apparently - constipation and gas etc so personally i think there is a link between earlier problems and my IBS but i really wouldnt like to say there IS a link in general!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've heard that childhood trauma has been linked to IBS. The trauma could be illness, food poisoning or abuse, death etc. I think that could explain why I developed IBS in my twenties. I have always been nervous and worried which I am convinced stems from a fractured childhood.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.