Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone get an irritated stomach area when you get an IBS flare. Had a D (loose stools) attack yesterday and today my entire diaphram area is sore. Dr's assistant said IBS affects anywhere from the mouth to the anus. Had to go back on my prevacid. Changing my diet started the attack. So just curious who gets aches in the diaphram bones and under the ribs?

G

·
Funny that you should mention this symptom. I was experiencing the same kind of pain throughout the day yesterday and then this morning the big D.Lots of gas. Cramping. Don't know how to get it stopped. Have taken 3 Lomotil and 1 Immodium so far this morning. Have to go out in an hour. Hope to be better.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Tania, When I have pain, it is usually way up in the upper abdomen, right under my diaphragm. I'm a C/D type person, right now. It is usually really sharp & won't allow me to stand up straight. I've been told these are spasms. I have been given Levsin, which unfortunately made me more C & wasn't ALL that effective. I have also been given Librax which seems to work much better. I only use it when the pain won't quit. If I get spasms after eating, I wait & see if its just a few hours type thing, if it goes on longer than that I take the Librax. I've increased my fiber & water intake, I exercise & I've started Hypnotherapy tapes. I'm not sure if any of these changes has really had an impact yet. I know that sounds weird, but I haven't seen any marked changes yet anyway. I am sleeping better though with the hypnotherapy.Also, when I have a flare my whole stomach seems to be just sore. Like I've done too many sit-ups type sore, if you know what I mean. I also get this soreness when the Dr. palps my abdomen during an exam. He's not pressing that hard, I just think my whole ab is hypersensitive. No you are not alone, the pain I have is to me what makes me non-functional. I can deal with running to the can & hoping to run to the can. But I cannot function with this pain. I've done all I can currently think of to do but maybe some of these changes just take time to work. So I'll be patient, what else can I do???Bottom line, there is no cure, all I can hope for is better management of my symptoms. So here's hoping we all can manage our symptoms better with our Dr's help.Sorry I couldn't be more help. BQ

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I've been having "upper" GI discomfort, lots of bubbling and rumbling as well as tons and tons of gas lately (past 3-4 days). I had been really C but was able to relieve that problem, sometimes that (being C and then going alot) causes me to get heartburn. I took a pepcid last nite and am feeling alittle better today. I have been told that IBS can affect anywhere from your esophagas (spasms there can cause nausea)to your anus so I'm sure this "discomfort" I get time to time is part of it.
------------------Nancy

·
Registered
19 Posts
I too have stomach irritation and gas--lots of rumbling and noise. Sometimes if feels like it tightens up a little bit and then my neck feels a little tight just for a few seconds? Does anyone else have that feeling in there neck? I was diagnosed with IBS exactly one year ago today--my wedding anniversary also--any connection??? Just kidding! Chronic worrier so I am scared about the neck thing. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.