Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thing I love about this site is you feel like warning that the following post is discusting and at the same time know that it is usually implied.I have the doc tomorrow and dont want to bring something up in case it means I might get a camera down my throat again but want to know if it can be a bad thing.I have said on other posts that I have had issues where thyroid and liver struggle when i get ill which gives me IBS like pains that aren't IBS so need to tell the difference as its more critical, and when i am getting better my IBS is usually at its worst.At the moment I am half ill and half better the time its taken to get a doctors appointment was so long that the need to check if my thyroid and liver are struggling or if its IBS is pretty certainly over but my IBS as normal is playing up just slightly differently, I feel everything I am eating working its way through me and my strool has become rather more painful, black and sticky.Online I have read two things one is that it could mean I have dried in blood and the other being that it could be from the medicines taken while ill (ie things like pepto bismol), as my IBS doesnt like paracetamol, ibruprofen, asprin or phena something or other I have only really had mentol stuff and not sure if that would do anything any ideas as if it could be something bad i do have to bring it up but i hate cameras down my throat (and the other way too)

·
Registered
722 Posts
I am sure the Doctor you are seeing tomorrow will want to know about all of the symptoms that you have been having.I do understand your anxiety's about having more tests,nobody really wants to have them done,but if there necessary,it is better to be checked out and you can be sedated.If your stools are black,i would tell them about that to.Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts