Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's a question for you all.My stools for the past 6 months have been yellowish to light tan colored and they also float. They are normal length, thickness, and texture however. Frequency is about once every morning. There is no pain involved and no blood. I have however had an impossible time gaining weight. My gallbladder and other organs via ultrasounds have been checked twice, no problems. Plenty of blood tests show no problems. Celiac sprue tests via blood and biopsy have been all negative. 72 hour fecal fat stool test, done twice claimed no abnormal fat content. I do not eat alot of fiber nor do I have alot of gas. Therefore I ask, what the hell is this? LOLdeej

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the reply.In response to yours. If the stools mark up the bowl very easily and often, doesnt that indicate fat? This is what I have read and have been told in addition to the floating and the visual of oil slick or haze on top of the water. Also I do not really have any gas so would there still be alot of gas in my stool ALL the time to make each and every stool I have float day after day?I have checked my calorie intake and it is normal and about 100-200 above my weight, so that is ok I suppose. Unfortunately I cannot have milk products so ensure is out of the question for me.What would a stool look like if it lacked in Bile. Would this be a stool similar to mine?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If one were to take acidophilus pills , would that increase or decrease the amount of gas the person would give off.? Also if someone had a Candida issue would thre be more gas than normal?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I have made a great discovery...What I had done to try to rule out the only two issues I had researched that could cause this floating,bad smelling, light colored stools issue was either FAT malabsorbing and or celiac sprue...So for 5 days I cut out all fatty foods I had previously eaten AND all wheat and gluten containing products...Well I am happy and surprised to say that today and yesterday my stools, for the FIRST time in 6 months, did not float, smell abnormally awful, or have a very light color...Now the question is, which one caused it? Celiac or FAT malabsorption (pancreas?)Any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.