Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,I had a small bowel series test yesterday morning, and as must of you know, I had to drink that nasty white stuff for it. I started feeling very gassy and crampy last night and I had a painful BM this morning(and of course, my stool was white) more than usual. My questions/concerns are:How long do you guys think I'm going to have that stuff in my system?Should I take something to speed things out, like MOM?Can that white stuff make me C?My stool wasn't really hard, but it had white little dry particles in it. Any help, advice and info are always very much appreciated!Thank you!Blessings,Abi

·
Registered
14 Posts
Abi:I am a veteran of many of those tests from having Crohn’s in my small intestine for over 20 years. What you are experiencing is completely normal. The key is to stay VERY hydrated so that water will serve as a lubricant since the stuff you drink tends to solidify and harden your stool and then if you have narrowings down there it can be VERY painful to go to the bathroom. So, drink tons of water and use a mild laxative such as MOM. It can last for a few days post-GI Series. (Also, if you get a chance, checkout my Blog at www.hospitalpatient.org as I talk about all of my experiences and it might help you on a related matter in the future.) Hospital Patient Blog

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Abi,When I had the same test the Radiologist told me there was a laxative agent in the stuff they had me drink... Every place is different. But when in doubt.. call the Hospital and ask for the radiology department. They can answer your questions for sure.Hope you feel better real soon.BQ

·
Registered
808 Posts
Abigail. I would take MOM to help get it out of you- that is if you feel like youre not going good enough without help.as long as its moving the white stuff wont hurt you- just keep it moving!!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Michael Weiss, BQ and Lorilou for your replies, great support here !!! I didn't have to take the MOM, things are moving out. God bless you all,Abi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts