Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mum has been down here for a few days and she was saying that she got a kit through the door its for testing for bowel cancer, im just wondering if peeps over a certain age get them?

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well my mum said it was a good idea wotsup, and my dad said a waste of effing money
my mum said oh shut it you wee sod
but i wish at my age i had the chance to do that, i guess if there is anything found in mums stools
at least they can act on it,and god forbid if anything is wrong then it can be dealt with quickly...How many of us on here have had to fight tooth and nail to get a doc to take us seriously? well i for one know without a doubt that if i had not insisted to get a colonoscopy done i may still be unaware that i did have ibs, what if it had been bowel cancer? it makes you think

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yes, I heard about this testing. I'm sure I've seen these kits for sale in Boots and elsewhere. It will test for minute traces of blood in the sample which would mean further investigation. Probably, as with the smear test, there will be some false positives, but on the whole it can only be a good thing if it's going detect early problems.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
How very bizarre. A good idea, but still bizarre! I wish they'd had them here a few years ago when my Grandma got sick and was told she had hemms only to find out months down the track she needed major surgery to have a big cancer removed! Luckily she's still alive and now well but gee, it was a close call

G

·
Hey listen Joolie - I totally agree - everything you say makes perfect sense but I'm a test a phobic and if I absolutely have to go I'd rather leave the result analysis to the experts.I've never had a colonscopy in my life - so will have to hope I don't have cancer - still have had IBS for 11 years about so think I might be dead by now.I'm a terrible ostrich about health but thats my issue I know!!Sue

G

·
arsed .... stool sample - very good!!!SuePS sorry - half term, painters in, confined to 2 rooms with a mad dog and pissing with rain!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.