Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
304 Posts
I just went to the Ob/Gyn today. Since I am trying to get pregnant he gave me samples and a prescription for prenatal vitamins. They contain docusate sodium, a stool softener. The vitamins are to be taken every day, so I guess it is okay to take a stool softener daily. My problem is I'm afraid to take them because I have a tendency to be on the loose side or D. I got some prenatal vitamins from CVS which don't have the stool softener. I didn't think to ask the dr what the difference is and if I could take over-the-counter vitamins instead of the prescription ones. I think I will take them at least until I get preg.(fingers crossed)

· Registered
304 Posts
I just went to the Ob/Gyn today. Since I am trying to get pregnant he gave me samples and a prescription for prenatal vitamins. They contain docusate sodium, a stool softener. The vitamins are to be taken every day, so I guess it is okay to take a stool softener daily. My problem is I'm afraid to take them because I have a tendency to be on the loose side or D. I got some prenatal vitamins from CVS which don't have the stool softener. I didn't think to ask the dr what the difference is and if I could take over-the-counter vitamins instead of the prescription ones. I think I will take them at least until I get preg.(fingers crossed)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.