Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hae you tried uppositories or mineral oil enemas to soften the stools , I had the exact problem you mention , the only treatment that worked were weekly Fleet Mineral Oil enemas ,I had mega-colon, diverticulitis, impacted colon at age 14 from holding my BMS in for 2-3 extra days ,and by then my BMS WERE SO COMPACTED AND LARGE IT WAS LKE TRYING TO SQUEEZE OUT A BASEBALL BAT OF MY RECTUM !!Enemas were the only way I could go potty from age 14-19 when my IBS was at its worst.Even though I had to get the enemas from my mom (the doc said it was dangerous for me to try to reach back and insert my self ,which if done at the wrong angle can puncture the walls of the colon ), the embarrassment from the enema was a smal price to pay for the relief I felt . I got my problem from not being able to go potty in public also ,all my childhood my mom had made me think my bowelhabits were shameful and abnormal so I got a complex about going potty .I waited until every body in the house was asleep or gone before I could go potty . /

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.