Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed Sunday morning that after I had a BM, that there was gas bubbles leaving my stool as it sat in the toilet. I have known before that I had some gas issues, but never seen my stool have so much gas "in it"As stated by another member here, it looked like my stool was carbonated. Is the gas getting mixed with the stool in my colon, or prior to that? Very weird.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Colon bacteria are perfectly able to make huge amounts of gas and to get mixed into the stool. Even in healthy people there is lots of colon bacteria and lots of gas mixed in the stool. So it isn't just some IBS or abnormal thing.SIBO is more about timing of when the gas starts, not the total volume or how much is farted vs stuck in the stool.The same bacteria make the same amount of total gas no matter where they live, and SIBO is when NORMAL colon bacteria are in the wrong place. Even with SIBO the number of bacteria in the colon is still much much much larger than any amount misgrowing in the small intestine where they don't belong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.