Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the past month i've been having really light colored stools, very light brown, and they are not formed well. i know that this is nasty, im not trying to gross anyone out just curious to what is going on. sometimes it will be a normal stool, normal color and hard at the beginning then the end of it will be really light brown and soft. if i dont eat constantly my stomach hurts severely bad, and i belch constantly whether i eat or not. after i eat i can hear my stomach moving around and i can feel it like moving around, i guess trying to digest the food but i dont know, and when that happens the belching constantly is right after that. yesterday i had severe pain in my right lower abdomen like about where my appendix is at, and it hurt to stand up and walk but it lasted about 30 mins and went away, that was right after eating, i had a bowel movement then that pain came. what could this be?? any suggestions?? i notice small white chunk like things in my stool also.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i have been having the stomach problems for about a year now, can giardia last that long?? i dont think this is relevant but about a month i guess before i started having these stomach pains, there was a small kitten sleeping with me and about 3 other people in a bed and somehow while we was sleeping we killed it, i guess we smothered it
, and when i woke up it was under my pillow,
i dont know if that could have anything to do with it like maybe it had some kind of worms that somehow came into contact with me while i was sleeping or what. just a thought

·
Registered
623 Posts
i think you have got your self into a very bad circle of axiety!!The more you think these things the more it is worse and your mind will mke these symptoms happen stress is a big time monster on your hole body if it where sothing bad it wouldnt go away are come and go it would be with you all they time it would wake you from your sleep keep you from sleeping you wouldnt even be typing on the pc if it where a bad thing!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Just leave it up to the doctors bro. You read way too much on the internet, and it's caused you some pretty bad anxiety.Don't worry about it!Your doctors 'are' smart people, believe it or not.

·
Registered
623 Posts
trying to find your problem on your own is very bad your not a doctor i did the same thing you are doing right now!And it put me in a very bad spot i bet if you tell your doctor you been reading things on the net and trying to figure out whats wrong they will say STAY OFF THE NET!there is alot of good info out there dont get me wrong but as well there is alot of bad info as well!The more you look the more you will think there is somthing wrong with you what started mine was i had on little thing come back abnormal on my labs and i looked it up on the net and from there on i put my self in a very bad spot of all this neg thinking what if i have cancer what if i have crohns dease what if i have m.s everything and every dease all pretty much have the same symptoms so its better to leave it in the hands of your doctors just like everyone here dont see half the things are doctors see on a daily basis they can see if your worked up are very ill just by walking in there all they can do is give you a piece of mind but your not doing this for your self by looking things up on the net!Just tell your self what am i getting out of this by worring over it your not getting nothing but axiety and stress out of it your doctors wouldnt send you home if there was somthing very bad because of law suits i would do what i did i seeked help with a shrink to talk over my worrys and they can come back with some great advice and help it wouldnt kill you to seek out that kind of help as your docotors work on your other heath related problems that ou might think you have as well a shrink can ease the neg thinking yo may have!

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:i get them all the time its just one part of the stoo; has been in the colon longer then the other half i have had it start out fine and end up coming out a mess its normal your ok!!
Light colored stools means there is less bile present, but it doesn't tell us why.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I understand cookie... I used to do the same thing, and it did cause me more anxiety.Just try your best to relax, and not worry so much. I know it's easier said than done, but have faith in your docs.Take care bro.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea, i worry to much. but i really do have pain and that is what causes me to worry and then worrying makes it worse. like awhile ago i had a bowel movement and my stool was pretty much a normal color but it had like some little white chunks in my stool, i have no idea what that is about. but neways, my name is Michael and I'm from Louisiana. i just wanted to get to know ya'll better because ya'll have been my friends, and been there for me since i've been dealing with this for about a year now. thanks for everything. if anybody knows what the little white chunks could be please let me know. thanks and God Bless.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Don't know what language this is in really, but I pretty much have had all these though.
Have you had blood and stool work done? Have they already diagnosed you with IBS?Read all of this, but on the right watch the video"View IBS Sensory Pathway"http://hopkins-gi.nts.jhu.edu/pages/latin/...se=43&lang_id=1Also"Recent studies point to an increased sensitivity of the sensory nerves in the intestines. Normal movements of your intestines may be perceived as cramps or other discomfort. The intestines share nerve pathways with the brain. In many situations, when the brain reacts to something -- like the sound of a dentist's drill -- the intestines, or gut, pick up the same signals and react. The majority of people will ultimately have some kind of gastrointestinal (GI) symptom when exposed to stressful situations. If your GI system is a bit too reactive, you will experience symptoms in more types of stressful situations than someone else will whose gut is not quite as reactive. What is stressful for one person may not be stressful to another, and lots of people don't even realize it when they get stressed -- they just feel sick. Finally, there is the "gate theory" of how pain is experienced. When pain originates at some point, nerve messages pass through something like a gate on their way to the brain. The wider open the gate is, the more pain that is experienced. By thinking about and focusing on the pain site, we open the gate. Plus, feelings of anger or worry or sadness can open the gate. However, we can also help close the gate. Turning attention away from the site or feeling of pain, through relaxation or focusing on some other activity, can help close the gate and lessen or even eliminate pain. A well-known phenomenon that demonstrates this is that of the athlete who plays a game while injured, oblivious to the pain. The athlete is completely focused on the game and does not feel pain. Then, after the game is over, the athlete turns attention to the injury and feels pain. Whatever the cause, you can do something about it! It takes some effort but there a number of ways that you can help yourself."You have to work on the anxiety and stress it is all causing you. ""Those who refuse to accept the value of psychological therapies can get stuck. Some sufferers continue to seek physical proof that something has gone terribly awry, such as a virus, an environmental toxin or a faulty gene. "Patients seem to think if [their disease] is psychiatric, it makes them less legitimate, it makes their problems less real," says CFS researcher Arthur Hartz, a professor of family medicine at the University of Iowa. "But nobody with any sense blames this on the patients."Patients with chronic fatigue who attribute their illness solely to external causes, such as a virus, seem to stay sicker than those who acknowledge the possible interplay of psychological factors. "Your beliefs about the illness are important," says Buchwald. "If you're wedded to an idea that your illness has a single specific cause, your chances of getting better are diminished, because you're not addressing parts of the illness that could be prolonging it." Instead, she suggests, patients should focus on actively following treatment advice and avoiding social isolation."

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Something to think about"Illness refers to the subjective experience of suffering and discomfort that may or may not be related to actual physical disease. Relatedly, illness behavior refers to the actions that people take in response to illness.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
onyx Thanks for that very helpful.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i finally been at this job that i have long enough to get insurance, i will have it within two weeks and then i can actually start going back to my family doc instead of charity, thank God for them and they do a good job just take a little longer, which i can understand. based on all the symptoms and tests that i've already had, would ya'll recommend me get some other tests done through my family Doc? the only bad thing is that i have a $1,500 max that I can reach each once a year on any outpatient medical stuff, such as tests, and thats not alot of money. should i get liver function test, hida scan, or anything else? how much are those tests? please help, you can read my previous postings and see what i've had done and all my symptoms. thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.