Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have IBS-D and while I usually have some minor diarrhea from time to time I usually have pretty normal soft stools. (Sorry for the graphic but don't know how else to word it.) I do, however, take Immodium sometimes daily due to having several stools per day. For the last couple of weeks I've had to strain at the stool, which is not too common for me. I am just getting over an IBS flare and hemorrhoids. Was wondering if anyone else has this and what's the best thing to do for it. I take Mucilage if I can remember to. But then I get diarrhea and take the Immodium.Thanks in advance.Jean

·
Registered
14 Posts
MoonShine88, I have found that you should try to resist the urge to strain. Simply try to elevate your feet (using a step stool) when you are sitting on the throne. Then do some deep breathing and allow the BM to happen naturally. The more you strain, the more pelvice disfunction you get. I think it is a viscious circle. And try taking a little of your fiber and 1 immodium at bedtime. See if that helps you in the AM. Good Luck! I know the feeling you are experiencing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts