Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I have a question. For a few months now I have been suffering from strange bloating...no matter what I eat, when I wake up I feel full and am very bloated (not always visibly thou, but I am not a very slender woman). I usually pass loud and smelly gas during the first 5 or 10 minutes after waking up. Sometimes the bloating is painful, but usually not too much so.Fortunately I am single right now, but if I had a partner I guess this would make me feel very embarrassed...Has any1 experienced this???------------------BloatedLady

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
G

·
I can identify with the bloating. However, I only sense the feeling of gas in my abdomen. My colon muscles are too weak to eliminate it. There is a hollow sound, and I look almost pregnant. Like you, there is no trigger. This is what doctors call a "functional" disorder. Usually, if I don't eat, I still become more bloated but ironically feel a strengthening of my colon muscles to expel more. Less in, more out and vice versa. Perhaps regular exercise or just a short walk each day would help.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:I only sense the feeling of gas in my abdomen
If you don't pass gas, then you don't have gas.

G

·
I can get rid of some gas occasionally. However, it is a "constipated" gas that requires strong colon muscle action to eliminate. After taking milk of magnesia every day for 3 years, my colon muscles feel very weak.

G

·
Have you tried Caltrate? This seems to have helped some people with bloating. Do a search on the board for posts mentioning bloating or caltrate and you will see what I mean.Also does fibre help ?This may help your colon muscles better than milk of magnesia.Try fibogel or citrucel available at most chemists.Hope this helps.God blessal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts