Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BURPING......sometimes comes on whilst eating, but usually after within like 5mins of finising my last bite! ive taken to chewing on a remegel after eating (particularly dinner) and it only seems to happen during or after dinner, can sometimes feel rather sick, and burp maybe a few hours after eating... anyone shead some light? or is this just my ibs giving me the run around?! Spanks PeaLea

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've found every time I eat, a while after I normally do 3 little burps. Obviously sometimes there's variation... some days I burp more, some days I burp more frequently, etc.Had it for a few years now, it really concerned me at first, but then actually became a gassy relief. Don't really know why it started however.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its bizzare it usually worse if i havent eaten in a while, and deffo after ive eaten, its not a HUGE concern, just some times the feelin before it comes does make me feel sicky..

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Not a serious thing as everyone.. IBS or not... burps. You could try watching to make sure you are not swallowing a bunch of air while eating. Take your time eating... in other words... eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly. And sometimes like mumble said.. just be grateful you are able to burp up gas... as not being able to can be painful.All the bestPS Also... if this is bothering you.. I would skip chewing gum & the like for awhile.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey BQ nah ive not had chewing gum in ages because even before i got ibs it gave me stomach upset, always had mints.. yh i eat slowly since ive been told about i have ibs, just bizzare, but thanks for the post =)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
still happening...i will get uncomfy, and if im eating i will burp and it will taste of the previous food i ate =S ive also had it ride back up in my throat, ive tried remgel...and now tryin windeaze....this is very frustrating..i told my doctor yday..his reply " i had a bout of this that lasted a few months its sumit that happens" he just brushed me off completely! i chew my food eat slowly, dont take in extra air or what ever...dont drink fizzy drinks, im on juice or water, preffering water because it quentches my thirstit does bug me as this is where i think most of my nausea comes from as i feel slight relief havin burped but litterally with in few mins i feel off again..I cannot think why its like this!? anyone!?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Pealea it isn't serious so I wouldn't get upset about it. Just use an anti-gas product with your meals and perhaps try using an antiacid if your burps seem to be acidic & see if that lessens this for you.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Try this, give it a trail run.Dont Drink anything with your meals. 15 minutes before or 1 hour after.Then after you have been doing this for a few days eat a full meal and then at the end drink a glass of water. I guarintee you will burp. Drinking with meals also dilutes stomach acid and makes it harder to digest food.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try this, give it a trail run.Dont Drink anything with your meals. 15 minutes before or 1 hour after.Then after you have been doing this for a few days eat a full meal and then at the end drink a glass of water. I guarintee you will burp. Drinking with meals also dilutes stomach acid and makes it harder to digest food.
i dont really drink with meals tbh unless im thirsty, but i will try this although i think i have before lol...

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Well we all have to put up with some annoyance in life I guess.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeh i guess.....i really just want my life back so much and imdoing everything suggested...movig around occupyin my self...going to job interviews ect still feeling quite pap but none the less i still go! Nausea is doin my head in i wake up with it..have breakfast ect still dnt go away...so ya know its not im NOT trying! on a random note..how cold is it!? LOL

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Right and sometimes we just need to forge ahead despite our symptoms, just like you have done. Good for you! I tend to overlook smaller (just annoying as opposed to debilitating) symptoms and try to just ignore them. I know full well No One has a perfect body, everyone has things that annoy them and I'm no different. It is all in one's perspective.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im finding a cold and flemin my throat agrivating too! had this cold for about a week...worse when i get up and the flem builds up during the day! i tend to get bad gas from Bottom too...smells mum blamed the dogs earlier nit was me LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts