Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the site so this is my first time posting. I was diagnosed with IBS-C about 4 years ago at the age of 15, and had it mostly under control until February of 2014 - right in the middle of my freshman year of college. In late February, I had a bout of constant diarrhea that lasted 2 weeks. Then I got better, but developed bad stomach cramps from mid to late April. Right before finals period in mid-May, the cramping started up again and has not ended. The cramps have slowly gotten worse, and I have started having persistent muscle and joint aches. I'm also really tired, but this could be from working two summer jobs.

I started taking Imipramine and switched my probiotic from Align to Phillips Colon Health to no avail. To make matters worse, I have developed a really annoying itch around my anus (lol so embarrassing). My stools are generally pretty solid, although on the soft side and lighter color than usual. Before, my IBS was triggered after meals, but now it doesn't go away except for when I'm eating. Having a bowel movement used to be a relief, but now it doesn't help at all.

Starting to wonder if this is still IBS or if something else is going on. My anxiety (which hasn't flared up in years) has now reared its ugly head, and I'm worried about going into my sophomore year with these symptoms. Does anyone else have similar experiences? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been taking Phillips Colon Health and it hasn't really helped. My dad recently sent me these probiotics he got from someone he knows and I'm starting to take those instead.

As for your symptoms, IBS symptoms change all the time. That's one of its hallmarks. I've had dozens of different symptoms over the year: sharp cramping pain, diarrhea after eating, constipation, pain after pooping, pain relieved when eating, sharp acidic pain in my stomach, dull pain burning pain etc etc. So that's normal, but you can still go to a doctor if you think something else might have developed. Just because you have IBS doesn't mean you don't also have another condition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.